Regular Contributor
I placed an order on November 9th for 4 of the phone soap sanitizers. My EDD was November 15th when the order was placed. It's been sitting in process from November 9th until today.

I just contacted customer service to cancel my order and I was told these items are coming out of the warehouse in California and due to the fires it has slowed shipment down. Shouldn't this have been posted on QVC's website?

These four items that I ordered were gifts to be given to my family this coming Sunday. I am very disappointed not only in the change of EDD and wasn't notified, but the fact that now the wildfires in California has slow the shipping process down and the customers have not been notified.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problems and more problems!

How about a little perspective?

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

How about a little perspective?

@ILTH

I'll second that.

What's a little inconvenience compared to the destruction and loss of lives, both human and animals?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@CM8 wrote:
I placed an order on November 9th for 4 of the phone soap sanitizers. My EDD was November 15th when the order was placed. It's been sitting in process from November 9th until today.

I just contacted customer service to cancel my order and I was told these items are coming out of the warehouse in California and due to the fires it has slowed shipment down. Shouldn't this have been posted on QVC's website?

These four items that I ordered were gifts to be given to my family this coming Sunday. I am very disappointed not only in the change of EDD and wasn't notified, but the fact that now the wildfires in California has slow the shipping process down and the customers have not been notified.

Have you checked your email, including any SPAM/Junk/Clutter folders? When I had an item that was delayed, I was mad for days, then realized QVC had notified me by email and I hadn't seen it.

I'm so sorry your gitts won't be available for your family in time. Thank goodness you and your family haven't been affected by these fires, which have killed people, destroyed countless homes and businesses, and yes, even delayed your shipment.

Regular Contributor

I am very sympathetic to the horrific wildfires going, believe me. If I came across that I am not..I apologize. 

My frustration is that these were gifts for my family and I guess I expected an email or some type of notification from QVC that my order would be effected and shipped later.

Regular Contributor

Yes I am very grateful and very empathic to all those affected in California. Thanks for the info, I will check my spam folder. 

Honored Contributor

@CM8 wrote:

I am very sympathetic to the horrific wildfires going, believe me. If I came across that I am not..I apologize. 

My frustration is that these were gifts for my family and I guess I expected an email or some type of notification from QVC that my order would be effected and shipped later.

@CM8

I agree that under 'normal' circumstances, a delay in shipment should require a notification to affected customers, but this fire came on so fast (60 mph winds fueling and spreading it).

QVC probably wouldn't have a chance to notify those affected.

Even with computers, it must've been no small feat to determine how many orders were coming from this area and who would be affected, in order to notify them.

I'm sure your family members will understand under these circumstances.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.