New Contributor

Problem with QVC very slow returns processing

I have noticed that QVC is not processing or showing a return has been received.  I spoke with Post Office and tracked pkg. that I mailed First Class, insured on May 21st.  They still do not acknowledge it's receipt.  Post Office Employee told me they wait until a truck is filled with qvc returns, qvc picks up truck and may be at qvc and not unloaded for a week.  That's after it may take a week to fill one with returns at P.O.  This is outrageous.  Just imagine how long it will take to credit my account!  Customer service is not what it used to be.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Problem with QVC very slow returns processing

I don't buy as much as I used to, and I don't return many items.  When I do, I use the QVC return label.  Instead of getting a USPS tracking number, which rarely works, I get a tracking number from Newgistics, which is the company QVC uses to keep track of returns.

You can get daily updated information online.  And, if a return gets delayed beyond a reasonable amount of time, I can call QVC CS and they know it is in the pipeline.  Several times, they have processed my returns on the spot.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

They have become slower at processing Returns.  I send my stuff USPS Priority with a tracking number so I know when it gets to QVC.    I think it depends on where it is sent.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure of the reason - but remember - 100 people let go in PA and department (billing or something) was transferred to Ireland.  Happy Days not.

New Contributor

WOW! I did not know that.  I did find out from Post Office in Lancaster, PA that QVC  returns to Battery Road in Lancaster, leaves a truck at PO until it is filled with returns, then QVC comes and picks up the truck.  She said it may take 1 week to fill truck at PO, then another week at QVC before they unload it.  It takes forever for credit to my account, but doesn't take any time to charge it when I purchase something.

New Contributor

I just find that their return label charge is usually higher than sending not using it even with the insurance.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you OnlyShopsOnline for telling us that QVC uses Newgistics.  I recently sent several items back and was unable to get any kind of detailed tracking from the USPS.  However, when I checked through the Newgistics website, I saw that my packages were delivered to Rocky Mount a week ago.  Now all I have to do is wait for the refund to be processed.  This is a horrible system.  Lately I have almost been billed for my next easy pay.  Sure, they tell us you have 30 days, but you better send it back on day 29 because it almost takes that long.  I agree 100% that HSN has the BEST return system out there.  QVC needs to take a good look at how they do it.  I am more hesitant to buy now because of the Pony Express here at the Q.