Respected Contributor

Can something be done to make sure there is a warning about those types of titles?

I find them  disturbing and at times it sems the OP does it for effect or enjoys the attention. Many fight to be first as well and then there is a one up man ship quality as well.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Titles that are graphic...

Yes I agree with you 100%.  

Respected Contributor

Can I ask what you consider graphic?  I haven't noticed any.

Honored Contributor

What do such sensitive people do about newspaper headlines or the announcement of upcoming stories on TV news?  As in about everything else, these titles are directed to the majority.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I turn the volume off and put a pillow over my head.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I think there is some self importance in trying to be the first to post a story. It's laughable because these stories are everywhere and everyone is privy to them. At least, in the rush to post and be the first, check and see if someone beat you to the punch. 

Honored Contributor

If you have a computer.......you have access to breaking news

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are two issues here:

1) Those who don't wish to see anything, anywhere on the forums, that they don't want to see, because...they don't want to see it. Anything and everything each individual wishes wasn't there, must vanish from *their* sight, no matter how that's accomplished. The OP hasn't asked for this, but several others have, very plainly.

2) Posters who daily, or even hourly, get their strokes, jollies, recognition, fame, warm fuzzies, whatever - by posting every single negative thing they come across, every single day, all day long, often making the topic headline as shocking as they possibly can just to tweak people's noses, QVC's nose and the moderators' noses.

I don't agree with either type of poster.

We could wish the trashmongers wouldn't do what they do. Simply because it's...what it is...and doesn't speak well of the poster all day every day. Clearly, they are either oblivious and clueless or alternatively, do it deliberately. Some people post nothing but. The fact is that those threads have plenty of posts in them, and plenty of posters who LOVE them, and LIVE for them. If the majority of active posters didn't like those threads, they wouldn't be on the front page so much.

Yes, it would be great if they would stop taunting the boards because they're allowed to, but other posters LOVE those threads, so I don't see that happening. And as I said in another thread - in order to "segregate" those posts (and who makes the decision as to what's inappropriate?), Lithium would need to either re-design the forum (not bloody likely) or hide all of the posts in a secret forum, like Games. Not going to happen.

As long as this forum has aims of appealing to the broadest QVC customer base, they are not going to be uber-restrictive. The day that they change and accede to a vocal minority is the day they give up any pretense of being any type of free-breathing public forum.

HSN did that. Enough said.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

As with anything in life, a person has to self-monitor......  if you read a title that you know will affect your mood or sensibilities, don't open it and read it!  If  you accidently open it and start reading it and then discover it's not what you should or want to read..... close the thread and read something else!

There is SO MUCH terrible, awful, horrendous news out there (and maddening) that I know that if I'm saturated in it (and it's easy to do when you're interested in the world) I will become sad and morose about "conditions" out there.  I'm interested, I "know" basically anyway, just don't want the details or the discussion about some things.  I have to self-monitor in order to be happy.  There's nothing I can do to fix any of it..... and what I can fix or contribute to, I usually do.

I believe each person is responsible for monitoring what they open, read and contribute to and if you're unable to do this then maybe forums and discussions groups aren't the best place for you to be....

JMHO 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

As with anything in life, a person has to self-monitor......  if you read a title that you know will affect your mood or sensibilities, don't open it and read it!  If  you accidently open it and start reading it and then discover it's not what you should or want to read..... close the thread and read something else!

There is SO MUCH terrible, awful, horrendous news out there (and maddening) that I know that if I'm saturated in it (and it's easy to do when you're interested in the world) I will become sad and morose about "conditions" out there.  I'm interested, I "know" basically anyway, just don't want the details or the discussion about some things.  I have to self-monitor in order to be happy.  There's nothing I can do to fix any of it..... and what I can fix or contribute to, I usually do.

I believe each person is responsible for monitoring what they open, read and contribute to and if you're unable to do this then maybe forums and discussions groups aren't the best place for you to be....

JMHO 

But you are missing the point.  The titles are often extremely graphic or heartwrenching.  Obviously anyone can get out of a thread if they start reading and realize it's not something they want to continue on with.  But a thread title is in your face and there isn't a way around it.