Occasional Contributor

Pre-Order for Tonight’s TSV Shows Backordered?.

In response to an email from QVC I ordered a pair of the denim & co linen pants that will be aired as the TSV tonight. The item I ordered showed (and still shows)  as in stock, but my order status is "backordered". What does this mean? Should I cancel and reorder or what? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pre-Order for Tonight’s TSV Shows Backordered?.

If that's the case, I'm out.  

Honored Contributor

@Maddiecat817    It probably means the arrival has been delayed but it's on the way. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I hope the host tells the prospective customers when the anticipated ship date is.

Either still in China, in a container somewhere, sitting in customs, waiting for a truck to haul to warehouse, waiting for quality control or who knows.

Respected Contributor

I got the same message. So with undisclosed backorder date and unpredictable delivery it a big guess when we would get this item.

Super Contributor

My order says in process for delivery 22nd

Esteemed Contributor

Many similar linen blend beach pants on Amazon, Roxy site and others with comparable prices and no waiting! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do not cancel. The new progression for orders seems to be:  (1) Preparing your order, (2) Backorder (this status usually only lasts for 48 hours, then the item is shipped), (3) Shipped

I know this is odd, but I am going by what is happening with my orders. The QVC shipping department is really a mess. They are adding statuses, but not letting the customers know what the new statuses mean. It is extremely confusing for all of us. I just don't want you to miss out on something you really want because of all the confusion. In my opinion, QVC needs to hire a new manager for the shipping department. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'd say the new president QVC got not too long ago is not working out very well.   This problem goes far beyond what a warehouse manager controls. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I emailed the social team last night. Haven't heard from them. It was still showing backordered this morning so I canceled that order and reordered. Now they are preparing my order so I guess it's all good. But it just goes to show you need to watch your order status.