Occasional Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill Items on Back Order That Just Disappeared

Did anyone else order the "leaf lady" figurines - there was a woman with a leaf dress that was a bird feeder, one that was holding a bird and this spring one with butterflies. I ordered all three in the verdigris and the butterfly figurine in the ivory to go with the ones I purchased last year. This was back in February. All were on advanced order but one, which was on waitlist. I got a notice two of my figurines were not available and I had to call customer service to complain - and was given a $20 credit. The other two were still on advanced order. I ordered something totally nonrelated the other day and it showed yet another $20 credit. Confused, I went to my order status page and found out the figurines had been removed from my advanced order status and were just gone. No explanation, no email, nothing.

Did anyone else order these? If you ordered them, did you received any or all of what you ordered? I don't know what happened here. I suspect QVC, like the airlines, overbooks on certain popular items and is hoping someone will return them so they can pass them along. However, waitlist is different than "advanced order" which implies you'll get the items you ordered, just at a later date. No later date was given. I contacted Valerie personally about them, and she was nice, but said she had no idea what happened, but if QVC was overbooking her items, she'd find out and correct it. Someone must know, but just isn't telling me. Thanks for any input you might have on these. The verdigris ones weren't that big of a deal, but I really did want the girl in ivory with the butterflies to complete my collection.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Items on Back Order That Just Disappeared

@author57  - I ordered the new one (with butterflies) in verdigris on Mar 25th and it shipped April 16th, so it must have been advanced order.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Items on Back Order That Just Disappeared

Thanks for letting me know. They overbooked their orders since some people obviously got them. I was only on waitlist for one and that was originally an advanced order. I'm going to let Valerie know that some of you obviously got yours. There's no excuse for them telling you that you're on an advanced order list, then just having it disappear with no explanation.