Trusted Contributor

Please Mods - Take More Care in Publishing Reviews!

I know this subject has been brought up over & over but the amount of salacious statements regarding products in the review sections are getting too numerous lately.  I looked up a Susan Graver petite dress (A646285) and some of the initial reviews had absolutely nothing to do with the garment - just unkind comments about either the designer herself or the material or the price or the host with her.  And these so-called reviews ruin the overall rating of the garment itself for unfair reasons.  I look to reviews for actual information regarding fit or construction - not someone's opinion of the designer or host.

This dress is only 1 example - I have seen other so-called reviews in the jewelry department as well.  If you don't like a particular gem or style then don't buy it!  But don't make a comment if you haven't actually purchased the item.

Please Mods - these are not reviews and in my opinion not good for business.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Mods - Take More Care in Publishing Reviews!

@nova.  The mods have absolutely nothing to do with reviews.  They are screened and processed by an outside firm, mostly it seems, to make sure there are no obscene comments.

I think QVC management does not realize how influential they can be in driving sales.  Too bad they don't take they more seriously.

Take them with a grain of salt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   I did not realize the Mods have no control over reviews.  The system as it stands is not always used for what reviews are intended though.  Thank you for the information.

Respected Contributor

@nova 

agreed

folks posting reviews and opinions on stuff they don't even have is of zero help.

huge waste of time for all

sadly i do not expect it to be policed and only actual facts posted

this is what we have....sigh

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Salacious?  Really?  

QVC Customer Care

@nova Thank you for this feedback. I've forwarded your message to our Reviews team 

Honored Contributor

sa·​la·​cious sə-ˈlā-shəs 

arousing or appealing to se♥ual desire or imagination

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining  @Desertdi     Salacious can also refer to  unkind gossip involving unflattering details which is how I used the word here.

Valued Contributor

I've noticed the same type of reviews across almost all sites when shopping lately. You have to weed through them to get to someone actually posting about the actual product.

Walmart is especially bad when checking out a food item - so many people will rate a product one star because their delivery was bad or the item was substituted. It's like people vent instead of review nowadays!

Contributor

I agree, so tired of people giving a product a low rating for shipping issues. That has nothing to do with the quality or effectiveness of a product. QVC needs to change the parameters for posting a review.