Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Mods - Take More Care in Publishing Reviews!

@nova wrote:

@Still Raining  @Desertdi     Salacious can also refer to  unkind gossip involving unflattering details which is how I used the word here.

@nova - The word "salacious" does not have that meaning or connotation; I would suggest looking it up so you can settle your mind on the matter and then use it more appropriately. Maybe the word you intended was "slanderous" or "malicious"?

(Unless I'm being paid to do so—I've been a writer, editor, and teacher for 30 years—I refrain from trying to correct people's grammar/diction/speech, especially if there is no miscommunication. But if I see or hear someone using a term improperly, I try to speak up to hopefully help them avoid potential embarrassment or misunderstanding. In some cases, people may have grown up in a family or community that uses a term in a certain way but that interpretation isn't shared outside the group, or people may have heard someone misuse a term that is new to them and then they adopt the incorrect meaning instead of learning the appropriate usage. Long story short, I am just trying to help, not be critical. Happy posting and shopping!)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@nova wrote:

@Still Raining  @Desertdi     Salacious can also refer to  unkind gossip involving unflattering details which is how I used the word here.

@nova - The word "salacious" does not have that meaning or connotation; I would suggest looking it up so you can settle your mind on the matter and then use it more appropriately. Maybe the word you intended was "slanderous" or "malicious"?

(Unless I'm being paid to do so—I've been a writer, editor, and teacher for 30 years—I refrain from trying to correct people's grammar/diction/speech, especially if there is no miscommunication. But if I see or hear someone using a term improperly, I try to speak up to hopefully help them avoid potential embarrassment or misunderstanding. In some cases, people may have grown up in a family or community that uses a term in a certain way but that interpretation isn't shared outside the group, or people may have heard someone misuse a term that is new to them and then they adopt the incorrect meaning instead of learning the appropriate usage. Long story short, I am just trying to help, not be critical. Happy posting and shopping!)

@loriqvc I am not embarrassed by my use of term  as I used it as I have heard it expressed in the familiar community fashion as you referred in your post.  I appreciate your recognition of that.  I certainly did not want to post an offensive term.

Honored Contributor

The reviews are exactly like a lot of posts in these forums.  A poster can write a positive thing about a host, product or vendor and another poster somewhere along the line will write something mean or ugly about the host and off it goes and has nothing to do with the original post.

For example.......1st post asks what dress is host SuzyQ wearing?  Down the line a post willl state I can not stand to watch SuzyQ because I dont like her hairdo and color.  I would not buy anything she is selling.

Its hijacking a thread and is rude since the subject was about the dress and not the host.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)