Honored Contributor

Re: PAID OWN RETURN POSTAGE, BUT $6.95 DEDUCTED AGAIN!

I simply use their label.  Why go to the trouble to look up postage and print and mess with that when you can simply slap that on the box, you don't need insurance, and off it goes!  

Your time and the label paper and the printer ink and whether the printer prints it or not and all.  Not worth the hassle. Especially if you have to contact them afterward. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I just returned a cookbook that originally had free shipping.  Used media mail to return, which was cheaper than using QVC's postage paid label and wrote on the return slip "PLEASE NOTE-- paid for return shipping myself -- do not charge me."  They didn't.  You may want to try that on future returns. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Of course I read your OP. No need to post such an angry response to my suggestion. That's QVC SOP. Imagine the customer service employees don't like it any better than the customers! Please be kind to both them and others on this forum. We're simply trying to help one another. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: PAID OWN RETURN POSTAGE, BUT $6.95 DEDUCTED -- AGAIN!

I just use their label, how much can I save paying myself?  In some cases it would be more.  I'm not one to spend hours tracking all this stuff, especially with EZ pays.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: PAID OWN RETURN POSTAGE, BUT $6.95 DEDUCTED -- AGAIN!

Used the QVC prepaid return shipping labels for years but no longer do so. A return was somehow stuck in the LasVegas, NV area for weeks earlier this year (heading to NC) - at least according to the available tracking information. That was it for me.

Now I pay for return shipping on my end - either via UPS or USPS.  While it sometimes costs a bit more (depending on item/items shipped), for me it is well worth it. Packages arrive much more quickly, my account is credited in a timely manner, and tracking information is much more reliable as well (especially via UPS).

All that being said, my last 3 returns - for which I paid the return shipping fee upfront - I was also charged the QVC prepaid label fee. Yes, I contacted customer service and yes, the fees were refunded, but I agree that this should not be happening on a regular basis. And as already pointed out, how often has this happened across time and been unnoticed by customers? 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Of course I read your OP. No need to post such an angry response to my suggestion. That's QVC SOP. Imagine the customer service employees don't like it any better than the customers! Please be kind to both them and others on this forum. We're simply trying to help one another. 

@BirkiLady 

???   There was nothing angry or unkind about my response ... just a little exasperation at your suggesting something that had obviously already been done ...  and very clearly stated.   

Have a nice day.  

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady  Sadly you were asking too much. I knew that as soon as I read your post.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Thanks. Just found that out! LOL. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady.    😁  Unfortunately there are numerous examples all over the forums. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady 

Good grief .... 

I just went back and re-read your post (see copy of Post #3 below).

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you didn't ask me any questions.   Try actually reading posts before responding.  It really helps.

Have a nice day.     

"Call QVC's customer service. Explain the situation and they will be happy to refund your $6.95. It's happened to me many times.

Seems the shipping & receiving departments don't pay attention to incoming returns like they should. It would save both the customers and QVC personnel so much time, trouble and frustration if they did their job correctly."