Frequent Contributor

Re: Orders Cancelled, But Shipped Anyway

Thank you all for your replies. These orders were placed on the 17th, and "shipped" (packing slip printed) on the 20th, so I can't see where the orders were that far along.

I did call CS, and they said I didn't have to open the pkgs; just send them back as is. That's what I was questioning. I know I won't have a problem refusing the pkg. with UPS, but Lasership is another story. Smiley Frustrated

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Frequent Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@spabar  Yes this is right. Do not open them, mark them "Refuse Delivery" and either give them back to your mailman or drop them off at your post office if by USPS or drop them off at your UPS shop.

@PINKdogWOOD  I somehow missed your post earlier. Thank you, I will do that when I receive the pkgs.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Respected Contributor

I too had an item that was cancelled and shipped.  Once received I called and was told that there would be no shipping to/from costs and to return the package and she would note my account.  I later received a letter apologizing for the mix up so this must have happened to several shoppers, but when the credit was done, it was minus both shipping fees.  I called and was told by the CS rep to in the future write "QVC Error" on the packing slip and I would not incur any of the shipping costs, and she was going to credit the shipping fees.  Just a reminder to keep track of what is returned and what fees are being charged.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

This appears to be a chronic problem and it may be by design. Some items almost  immediately go to 'in process' and sits in that state for several days; yet cannot be cancled. I attempted to cancle an item within a few hours of ordering. Recieved the pop-up that my item was cancled. Later I recieve an email from customer service.    "We have received your request to cancel or change your order summarized below. This item ships directly from the vendor, and may be too far along in the delivery process to cancel or change.

Please allow up to two business days for QVC to receive a response from our vendor regarding your order request. If the vendor is able to cancel your order, your Order Status will display "Cancelled" in the Status field." Since QVC has changed, so must I.

Esteemed Contributor

@spabar - I have had this happen as well. I would definitely NOT just refuse the delivery; if you do that, you'll have no proof that you didn't just keep the item if something happens in the returns process and no way of tracking the package as it heads back to QVC. It is a bit more work, but go ahead and open the box, complete the return packing slip (note that the item was canceled but shipped anyway), and attach the prepaid QVC return label. You can take the return to the post office yourself or schedule a pickup at your home.

After you do this, if you're not in a hurry, you can wait for your return to reach QVC and have your refund processed the usual way, or you can follow the Easy Returns instructions here for a quick and simple way to get your refund:
https://www.qvc.com/content/information/customer-service.html?type=topic&tid=250700000001337&qq=mh

Good luck!