Esteemed Contributor

Placed orders for four 4 x 6 1/2 rugs and one 3 x 9 1/2 runner from Royal Palace Rug show over a week ago. All rugs were ordered in Ivory. 

Received all five bundles today. Opened the first which was labeled a runner on the outside of the package. Inside? It was GARNET. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to reroll a 9 1/2' runner and stuff it into a plastic bundle? Then tape it back closed to fit its original dimensions? Took a lot of tape and determination, but it's back inside that little sack-like package! 

Called QVC and asked them to have UPS pick-up the WRONG item. No, they are having USPS pick it up. (It will be the slow method, of course. Meaning it won't leave Lincoln for another week!) Frankly, I'm fed up with this nonsense of returning mistakes made by QVC and/or vendors . . . yet the customers have to wait on QVC slow return shipping.

I moved on to bundle #2. It appeared to be the wrong size just by appearance!  Looked at the end of the bundle and sure enough. Wrong item sent. Another runner. Didn't open it. Marked it: "RETURN TO SENDER - WRONG ITEM SENT"

Moved on to bundle #3. Another runner. Didn't bother to open it either. Marked it: "RETURN TO SENDER - WRONG ITEM SENT" 

Moved on to bendle #4 - Finally the correct size on the end of the bundle! Carefully, I opened the end of the package and peaked into the wrapping. Opening wide enough to see the color of the 4 x 6 1/2 rug. It was Ivory! Took the scissors and cut it open. It is more beautiful than previous Royal Palace rugs I've ordered and is exactly what I wanted. Oh, happy day!

On to bundle #5. Carefully opened the end of the package and peaked for the color. It was also Ivory! So thick and plush; very pretty. Two out of five rugs are now living next to two bathtubs. Wish I had the other 4 x 6 1/2 rugs for the other bathrooms and the runner for in front of the double sinks in the master bathroom! Unfortunately, Ivory is sold out. 

Not pleased with the way Royal Palace has handled this hour-long special on their rugs and their way of pulling stock. I would much rather have had someone contact me and ASK if I wanted a different color or size. Of course I don't want GARNET in my bathrooms. Are they nuts to assume? Or are their employees simply careless with 60% of the orders to one address? Not a very good percentage IMO.

QVC or Royal Palace will be picking up the return S&H since these mistakes have nothing to do with me. Very disappointed how this was handled. No excuse for this type (and percentage) of mistakes. Very disappointed in Royal Palace.

PS: Hope their rugs are as durable as in the past. Don't want to be disappointed in the two I have received. Wouldn't that be the final straw? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: Mess From Royal Palace Rugs

Oh my, now try to get that all straightened out, so sorry that happened.

My mom had tons of oriental hand knotted rugs allover the house, the bedrooms, hallways, living room, family room but never had one in a bathroom....that's new to me.

Are they OK when you get out of the tub and possibly get them wet?   I know with my mom's, anything dropped or spilled, she grabbed a towel immediately and blotted the rug until it was quite dry.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine an ivory rug in the bathroom as messy as I am.  I bet they're beautiful though.  I hope you can get your hands on another @BirkiLady.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624I've had wool ivory Royal Palace rugs for years but they have fringe, which I never liked. Often considered having the fringe removed and the edges finished by a carpet company, but never did so. When I saw Royal Palace was having a one hour show I decided "this was the time to replace those bathroom rugs!" 

Mom loved wool carpeting. We grew up with wool carpeting and I don't remember it ever becoming soiled or stained anywhere. Thus, I've never had any other kind of carpeting. It resists spills. If something is dropped, it's easily blotted up (or vacuumed up). It's soft to walk on, easy on the feet and back, very warm, doesn't fade, durable for years and regular vacuuming (in different directions) is the best care. Wool does not show traffic patterns either.

These are small enough that I'm able to take them outside, shake them, drape them over the fence and spray them with the hose! The natural oils in the wool protect the rug itself, but also release any dust, cosmetics, or hand/body lotions I may have spilled. I let them dry outside for the afternoon. They are like new and smell so fresh!

ETA: Have very little feeling in my feet and legs due to diabetic neuropathy, but I'm able to exercise my toes and foot muscles before and after bathing on the wool rugs. The wool rugs seem to have kept the neuropathy from moving up my legs. (No proven medical fact; just my own trials.) We removed the tile floors to help my feet and legs many years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling  Love oriental rugs! And, yes, I have a couple of them. Although they are inherited and not nearly as thick and plush as the Royal Palace rugs. They are much more intricate and detailed in their beauty. Yes, I do have to be more careful with my oriental rugs. They no longer have the natural oils in the wools and, like your mom, I'm quick to blot anything and I would never use them in the bathroom. I'm not sure if the dyes in heirloom rugs are vegetable dyes, which is often the case. I have had mine cleaned professionally.

As far as getting the Royal Palace rugs wet? Not a problem. I step out of the tub or shower onto the rug to dry off. The natural oils of the wool protect the rug from any damage. (Sort of like an dog or cat when they become damp in the rain.) I move on to other parts of the bathroom to finish getting ready. By the time I turn the ceiling fan and lights off, the rug is dry. It's really quite remarkable. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady   I grew up with a large wool dark blue area rug in our living room.  Mother often sang the praises of wool, although she hated the blue which showed everything.  It showed one stain....a friend came over to visit and brought her little sister who was in diapers.  The kid peed on the edge of the rug and it went unnoticed for a long time.  Eventually we noticed a brownish yellow stain that mother was never able to get rid of.  Boy was she mad

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Ahhhh . . . yep, urine would ruin anything. Your mom has a great wool rug and had every right to be upset. 

Such a shame the friend wasn't more considerate when visiting other homes. Usually people with kids in diapers take lots of clean diapers as well as thick quilts so the kids don't ever sit on other peoples carpets or furniture! DUH. So sorry that happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

CORRECTION:  The size is 3' x 4'6" for the four rugs originally ordered. I only have two. Am returning two unopened (which were runners) and one GARNET runner. Geeze, could it be a bigger mess? Now, I'm finding humor in the stupidity of this mess! My mail carrier isn't going to see any humor when he/she picks up these rolls of heavy rugs and puts them into that tiny little truck. Oh, Dear. 

ETA: I also checked the IVORY. This Ivory is much darker than my previous ivory rugs from Royal Palace. They are fine for my bathrooms. Nice border of cabbage roses done in greens, roses, blues, some yellows . . . maybe more colors. I really haven't paid attention. It's nice to have NO FRINGE! Pretty. Wish I had the other two as ordered and the long runner. Dang.   

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, what a nuisance!  It’s not like they are easy to store awaiting pickup.  

I have RP in my bathrooms as well.  Love them!  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

This cream  wool rug with tulips on the edges has been in my bathroom for almost 30 years.  So far, so good.

Would never have it in DH’s bathroom, lol !

0BF32276-F4A5-406C-9F33-40FA90A442AA.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill