Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

MODS: interesting typo in program guide

Hello, moderators! I thought I'd post a little service issue/request for you that's slightly amusing amid all the typical frustration shared around here: In the online program guide for tomorrow, the blocks of specialty shows are listed as the "All-Day Holiday Shopping Spectatuclar." This misspelling has been featured a few times this season in both the QVC program guide and the third-party online/electronic TV guides that take feeds from it, so it seemed like it might get corrected without pointing it out—but since that hasn't happened yet, I'm sharing it in case anyone is interested in making updates.

Thanks for all the great customer service your team provides! Your efforts are very much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

Re: MODS: interesting typo in program guide

@loriqvc  I will forward this information to have it corrected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

I just noticed this myself, and was scratching my head.  What the heck is a "spectatuclar"?  Do they mean "spectacular" or is it one of those "Fri-yay" bits of silliness?  I think the former.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Homegirl - It is definitely just a misspelling of "Spectacular"—if you click into the show description in the online program guide, the word is spelled correctly there. This is obviously not a big deal, but as I noted, the error has appeared multiple times over the past couple of months.

Honored Contributor

There is nothing "spectacular"@ Q!  I'm just sick of repeats of unsold quantities of TSVs from days/weeks ago🙄

Honored Contributor

I know, @loriqvc 

It's not uncommon to see mispellings by QVC.  For a while, all the "caramel" colors were "carmel." "Carmel," as we all know, is a lovely coastal California town once having Clint Eastwood as its mayor.

(I just looked it up as I'd forgotten.  He ran and won a two-year term back in 1986.  Just prior to running, he'd used his own funds ($5M) to save a local animal sanctuary, Mission Ranch, that the Carmel city council was about to let be bulldozed.  That only added to his popularity.  Eastwood's platform was allowing the sale and eating in public of ice cream cones, prior to that time prohibited from being sold and/or being eaten on Carmel streets.)  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach - Interestingly, I just saw Mr. Eastwood on the Ellen show earlier this week; he seems quite spry and is still hard at work at the age of 89. Impressive!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Wayne-QVC - I just thought I'd follow up on this: It appears that we've got another "Spectatuclar" scheduled all day this Wednesday...  Smiley Wink

QVC Customer Care

@loriqvc 

Really our marketers really need spellcheck! I will let then know...

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Beth-QVC! At least we get some amusement from the situation, right?!