Respected Contributor

I keep getting signed out too.... sorry to open this old thread...

Also, my password keeps showing and I have to hit 'hide' every time. Am I doing something wrong ? 

Thank you. I will sign out now.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I use an iMac, iPad 3 and an iPhone 5.      On the Mac I generally use Chrome, on the mobile devices Safari.    All the software on these is the most current version available.    Once I login on a device, I'm still signed in for hours as long as I keep the tab or window open for this website.    So much depends upon the device we use, the software, and some of our settings, too.

As an example, on an iPad or iPhone, if in General Settings we've turned "Background Refresh" on for the browser (usually Safari), every time the device does the refresh we'll probably find ourselves signed out.    Also, on these mobile devices, if we double-click on the device and then swipe the active browser away -- that does the same thing and we'll probably see that we have to log in again.    Clearing cookies/cache will cause a logout, too, and sometimes we have that happening in the background.   Many factors in play.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo. I also have an IPad 3. My forum screen on the IPad is not stretched enough to take up the whole page.

I have a quarter to a half an inch border on the left and right side. This makes each post small. I also can't use the finger stretch as it does not work. This happened with the newest update for QVC. Do you have this problem?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@dooBdoo. I also have an IPad 3. My forum screen on the IPad is not stretched enough to take up the whole page.

I have a quarter to a half an inch border on the left and right side. This makes each post small. I also can't use the finger stretch as it does not work. This happened with the newest update for QVC. Do you have this problem?

Hi, @proudlyfromNJ!    Yes, I see the same problem on my iPad 3 (9.3.5 is the last iOS update available for this) but not on my iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3 is the newest version available for this device) .   I was away from the forums for a few months so some of these problems are new to me, at the moment, but in reading back I saw reports of the website "update" that seemed to have triggered this and the problem never has been corrected.   It seems to me in adding that floating navigation bar at the top they've chosen to sacrifice the display and usability of the site for some devices and/or software versions.   I've been playing around with the Accessibility settings on the iPad to be able to zoom in, but it's not nearly as user-friendly as the pinch-to-zoom is.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo. Hi. Thanks for the response. I thought it might be no more updates in IPad. Yes, that floating bar sliding around is annoying. I've been changing thinks on the Q site and on my IPad. Nothing works. 

Do you use the app on your phone? If so, does it work ok?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@dooBdoo. Hi. Thanks for the response. I thought it might be no more updates in IPad. Yes, that floating bar sliding around is annoying. I've been changing thinks on the Q site and on my IPad. Nothing works. 

Do you use the app on your phone? If so, does it work ok?

You're welcome, @proudlyfromNJ, although I'm not much help.   The QVC app doesn't permit access to the Community, and I don't use it for shopping -- I'd rather use my Mac for that, so the only time I look at the app is when someone needs troubleshooting help.

That floaty bar is definitely beyond annoying!😳

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo.  Didn't know that about the app. I won't bother. I want to thank you for your help and say glad to see you back.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@dooBdoo.  Didn't know that about the app. I won't bother. I want to thank you for your help and say glad to see you back.

I do know some people like the app for browsing merchandise and for purchases, so I don't want it to seem that it's not someone's cuppa tea...  just not mine.😉   You're welcome!   And thank you for the kind words -- I appreciate you.❤️