Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

Than why hire six new hosts???????????????/

@tropics21   When you start cutting the fat, you hire new people at lesser salaries and let the ones making the big salaries go.  

I have watched AND shopped QVC for many years. I’m also a night owl living on the west coast, so 11pm to 3am pacific (2-5am eastern) are my prime viewing hours. I really like a lot of QVC brands, and the great useful items that I wouldn’t know about if I hadn’t seen them here.

I think having QVC main run live programming 24 hours a day is the best plan. I frequently have QVC on in the background, and hearing different shows means I am more likely to find things I want to buy.

But, if there absolutely HAD to be repeat programming, I think there are better options. 

Instead of seeing the same hour repeated 5 times in a row, I would rather see previously recorded programming from QVC2, that you wouldn’t see if you don’t get that channel, or a variety of previously recorded shows..

This is a very drastic programming experiment, so it might be good to make this info more visible, perhaps on the program guide page, so customers don’t think they’ve “entered the twilight zone“.

Occasional Contributor

• Many of us shop at 2 am, when insomnia kicks in
  • it's when I get some of my best guys but not anymore,  I personally think buying hsn was a huge mistake  getting tired of hearing that they are working on the shipping delays but have no problem charging us for each item and then mail all items in one big box
Honored Contributor

@stevieb you are exactly right. What if they decide these boards don't help their bottom line? I need to read your funny observations over on the Y&R thread.

Valued Contributor

Not necessarily, the hosts there a long time seem to be the ones holding qvc in business, not the new ones.  That also would be a huge mistake.  Hasn't anyone noticed that during the xmas selling shows, they ALWAYS have the hosts that have been there a long time?  BTW, they don't even have amy stran, or kourtney K do xmas shows on the regular qvc channel, and they have been there a few years.  qvc is not run by a good ceo, with it's continual downfall for the last 10 months and things gett worse, they have not listened, people are shopping elsewhere, using amazon, etc 

Valued Contributor

My opinion, good move Jill Bauer for leaving, you must have seen the writing on the wall.  Also as far as the other "seasoned hosts" to name just a few, Kerstein, Amy, Carolyn, Jennifer Coffey, I would start looking for another job, the writing is clearly on the wall. Feel sorry for all the new hosts JUST HIRED NOT EVEN A YEAR AGO, they usually work the hours there is now taped shows, 

Respected Contributor

my my my.  interesting that they give us another reason NOT to watch the channel. curious way to get new eyes.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Who cares? Who shops at 2AM? You should be asleep.

@SeaMaiden   Did it ever occur to you that hospital employees, policemen, firemen and military do not live by the same hours as the general public and that they, too, have money to spend and oftentimes that is their source of shopping when they work odd- and on-call hours.  Please --- be more respectful and thoughtful of those people in service areas who are doing the work to save lives and serve the public.

@Nonametoday     why would pre programed shows make a differenceb for a few hours during those hours? I am hardly being disrespectful to anyone.Robot tongue

Super Contributor

But it isn't preprogrammed shows, it is one show aired over and over and over again for 5 hours.

Why not at least different taped shows?  Why the same one?

Esteemed Contributor

Sheer laziness, lack of imagination, inability to plan, short sightedness, need to conserve cash requiring cost cuts, or all of the above.