Occasional Contributor

In Process/Waitlist/Backorder

I have 3 shoe orders.  One of them says in Process, one says Waitlist and the one says Backorder.  One pair that was on waitlist went to In Process, now says Backorder.  Another that was on Waitlist now says in Process.  Why do the in Process change to Backorder? 

Valued Contributor

Re: In Process/Waitlist/Backorder

I had a problem recently with some Earth Origins yellow sandals I attempted to order. The shoes were available, not on wait list, when I placed my order. After sitting “in process” for a few days, all of a sudden my purchase indicated “backorder”. It sat many more days like that, until I finally just canceled my order. I reordered the same shoes again, about a week later (again showing available in my size and color), and had the same thing to happen again. I canceled the order, gave up, and purchased some yellow shoes from JC Penney.

Valued Contributor

Re: In Process/Waitlist/Backorder

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

I had a problem recently with some Earth Origins yellow sandals I attempted to order. The shoes were available, not on wait list, when I placed my order. After sitting “in process” for a few days, all of a sudden my purchase indicated “backorder”. It sat many more days like that, until I finally just canceled my order. I reordered the same shoes again, about a week later (again showing available in my size and color), and had the same thing to happen again. I canceled the order, gave up, and purchased some yellow shoes from JC Penney.

You're lucky you were able to cancel the orders.