Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Return Shipping Not Accepted At UPS

Hello, I just tried to return an order (wrong item shipped) to QVC using the return label.  Even though it says "Package may be given to UPS or USPS", the UPS store refused it.  The guy at the store said it was a USPS label and he wouldn't take it.

Is this an error by the local UPS store?

Thanks for your help.

Valued Contributor

Re: Return Shipping Not Accepted At UPS

I've had UPS refuse a USPS package, although I think some UPS stores will take a  USPS package.   Is it possible there were 2 return labels included with the invoice - one for UPS and one for USPS?

Respected Contributor

@STLFAN: Welcome to the boards!  I think UPS Stores are individually owned and establish their own policies because the stores in my area do accept USPS packages.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not an error. Just drop it off at the post office. I have not been paying attention before and taking the wrong label to the wrong establishment. 

Occasional Contributor

There was just the one label (aside from the tiny return your own way one). I even took a photo as I plan to call the store manager on Monday to confirm they won’t accept. The reason I go there rather than USPS is because of distance and time to drive.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Diva on The Q - not all UPS locations accept this level of package delivery (especially since they can't provide an acceptance receipt), but I believe all USPS locations have authorized pickups by the QVC returns agent.

ETA: @STLFAN, you can schedule a free USPS pickup at your house if that's easier; just go to this link to get started:

https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

Honored Contributor

@STLFAN wrote:
There was just the one label (aside from the tiny return your own way one). I even took a photo as I plan to call the store manager on Monday to confirm they won’t accept. The reason I go there rather than USPS is because of distance and time to drive.

@STLFAN  SOME UPS locations accept USPS packages as a courtesy.  They certainly are under no obligation to take them, and they would have to have a deal worked with a USPS carrier to take them.

Packages are intended to go to the proper carrier, and one is not obligated to take packages for the other.  You can make arrangements with your USPS carrier to accept the packages from you at your mailbox. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm looking at a label and the instructions say to use the service indicated on the label.  The actual label says "USPS parcel Return Service" which would indicate to me that its only good at the post office.

@STLFAN   I suggest you re-read the instructions where it says to use the shipper indicated on the label.  I don't think you want to talk to the manager at the UPS store.  I feel certain the clerk there was correct.  You were wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I know the labels used to say either or, but I thought it was only USPS these days.

Honored Contributor

I think the return instructions can be confusing.  It does say US Postal Service or UPS.  However, it also says “Use the shipper indicated on the label”, which, 99% of the time will be USPS.

Some return labels from other companies are dual service—you can use either UPS or USPS with the same label.  The difference is that it will have both UPS and USPS info on the label.  QVC’s labels do not have both.

My UPS store does accept USPS return labels, but I don’t use it for that since, as someone else mentioned, they don’t give receipts.  I had a return go missing once when I dropped it off there and I had no proof I had mailed it.