Esteemed Contributor

Re: First, give Customer Service a chance.

I agree with others here. C/s is a thankless job.

I think the ones who say "Customer service/ supervisor/etc was rude!", are the ones who were probably rude themselves, and just didn't get their way.

Remember, you can catch more flies with honey, than you can with vinegar.

Honored Contributor

I used to manage a medical billing office and I taught the girls who answered the phones to lower their voice if anyone started yelling.  Also hopefully before they started yelling to offer politely "Would you like to speak to my supervisor?".  They would then hand the phone to next girl who would tell them the same thing.  If that did not solve the problem the phone call came to me.  I had to take very few phone calls.  

Esteemed Contributor

@k321548 wrote:

i'm with you ... customer service is often a thankless job.  However, when poor customer service occurs, when it sometimes does, there needs to be culpability.

Recently, I experienced poor customer service with a couple of QVC representatives.  There was no ranting, no raving, and no threats (although when I suggested I may take my business elsewhere after receiving no help whatsoever, was told "not to threaten"  -- not sure taking my business elsewhere is a threat if the customer service representative was truly interested in, and actively attempt in, resolving the issue).  

The conversations were brief and solution oriented on my end, but the information provided was sparse and inaccurate.

The solution that was quickly offered within 5 minutes of the start of the conversation was, return the item and either to receive a return shipping label via email or direct mail.

Interestingly, I was very motivated to see if there was a way to fix the item (Dyson fan) rahter than go through the tedium of repacking the fan and shipping it back to QVC.  I'd already called Dyson and they weren't open, so naturally, and erroneously, I thought QVC may have some other alternatives as representatives of the  product.  The customer service representative kept insisting Dyson was still open until she realized it was 7p on a Sunday. 

The only alternative according to the QVC rep was to return the item.

It went downhill from there after asking to speak with a Supervisor, was left on hold, etc., etc., etc.

Everyone has a good day and a bad day ... today was not a good one and has left a lasting impression on me with QVC and with Dyson.

Here's the good news ...  After being a customer of QVC for years, there have been very few items purchased that were this disappointing, so there has not been a need to talk with QVC customer service.  Here's the bad news ... this experience with their customer service representatives has eliminated the attraction and reduced the ease of ordering in lieu of better customer service and options, like Amazon.

Very unfortunate.

I must disagree with your approach.  QVC is not the manufacturer.  All they do is sell and ship the product.  They are not in charge of repair facilities and I would not expect them to be.  They offered you the only option they could which is to return the item and they would refund you the money.  If you did not want to do that but wanted the item repaired then you need to deal with the manufacturer and get it repaired under the manufacturer warranty.  That means contacting Dyson. I would not expect a customer service dept for a manufacturer to be open at 7 PM on a Sunday. Was there a reason why you could not wait until Monday morning to contact Dyson?  By the way last year I purchased a piece of electronic equipment from Amazon and it did not function properly right from the start.  I contacted Amazon and all they could do was refund my money if I chose to return the item.  The same option QVC offered you.  I think you were expecting way to much from a company that simply sells and ships a,product.

Respected Contributor

Definitely give CS a fighting chance.  It usually works.  But when it doesn't . . . well that is frustrating.

I have mixed feelings about being assisted by the team here on the forum.  What if a customer doesn't do the forums and does not post, where is their special help?    (And, it happened to me!  Someone on this very board helped me get a $$ credit, that CS was dragging their feet on.) 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York