QVC Customer Care

Re: Financial department holding funds hostage

This post has been removed by QVC because private email correspondence is prohibited to be shared.

Honored Contributor

@Mzbetters  I don't blame you for being extremely frustrated and upset.  However, I think it's your bank that you need to take this up with.  I would suggest going in and talking with them in person.

The way I've always understood this to happen is that as soon as you place an order, the business that you order with puts a hold on your funds to make sure you have the money on your card to pay for it.  After the initial hold, the business has nothing else to do with the hold.

Your bank has a specific time that they hold funds, and then they are automatically released.  My credit card company and also a business explained this to me a long time ago.  The hold is usually no more than a week.  I've never had a bank hold my funds any longer than that. 

It sounds like something has gone wrong on your bank's end and the hold is "stuck."  This may be an error on your bank's part.  I don't think this has anything to do with QVC.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's obvious that QVC is incapable of removing this hold for whatever reason.  I think the bank should be contacted so they can contact QVC to have the hold removed.  

At this point, I'd be there in person to make sure this is taken care of

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack The more I think about this I think your correct & she needs to contact her bank to remove the hold.  Something else I noticed is she calls her bank a "government bank" which is a new term for me so maybe that has something to do w/it?  Anyway, I'm hoping for a positive resolution for the OP.

Contributor

I get disability. That's why I call it a government bank. It is Master card. The point is I have done both call QVC and the Bank. All QVC had to do is release the hold. They could have sent a letter with the information and released it. They didn't. As previously written: the customer service sent an email to the financial department and the financial department team couldn't do this.. it's stupid. But I suffered. Bottom line financial department chose not to rectify it. They lied. So I will see the funds sometime in June. As a first time customer, I will never do it again.
Honored Contributor

@Mzbetters wrote:
I get disability. That's why I call it a government bank. It is Master card. The point is I have done both call QVC and the Bank. All QVC had to do is release the hold. They could have sent a letter with the information and released it. They didn't. As previously written: the customer service sent an email to the financial department and the financial department team couldn't do this.. it's stupid. But I suffered. Bottom line financial department chose not to rectify it. They lied. So I will see the funds sometime in June. As a first time customer, I will never do it again.

@Mzbetters   As I tried to explain in a previous post to you, the place where you tried to purchase the item doesn't continue with the hold.  Your Bank decides how long to hold the funds.  You need to go into your bank and discuss it with them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Mzbetters wrote:

@Mzbetters  I was wondering why you called it a Government Bank. My friend gets disability but she calls hers Bank of America.

Hope everything works out soon. Was wondering if it was a Credit Card. So the funds should go back to your Master Card.

Contributor

It's what social security uses. I can't go there. It is done by phone. Regardless, I have done my best with both. And believe me I have called and emailed the bank several times. I will change banks once the money comes in. The financial department did nothing they said they did. They could prove me wrong, but they refuse to send me the correspondence they sent to the bank., Therefore I can say they are liars.
Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 @Mzbetters @NickNack It wouldn't be a prepaid credit card would it - I'm  wondering if that might be as a couple different people I know had issues at different times when using one of those. 

Anyway I think the best thing to do is contact your bank as they are holding the funds as once QVC doesn't put in a charge they have nothing to do w/it anymore; even though they started the darn mess in the first place. Hoping this gets resolved for you soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if you go to your order status for all deliveries, what is the status? Does it show in process or cancelled or shipped?? If it shows in process or shipped, this could be your problem. Please let us know if this is the case. I can't think of another reason your funds are still being held.

Usually, they put a hold on your funds and then they are released within 3-5 days. There has to be something that is not happening between QVC and your bank. I am sorry for all your stress during this difficult time. Take care.