Contributor
Accepted Solution

Financial department holding funds hostage

I ordered a switch on may 5, 2022.  The funds were taken instently.  I get an email from QVC saying they don't have it. I then canceled the order on May 7, 2022.  It is now May 19, 2022 and my funds are still being held.  Dispite all the phone calls to both QVC and my bank, no one has released the funds.  This is for my daughter who is graduating on May 22, 2022 and I have no gift, and no money!! I am also told that there is no phone number for the financial department and everything is done by email.  This actually was my first time ordering from QVC and will be my last. QVC has ruined my Daughtes graduation!!  Might not be a big deal for people, but I am on disability and can't afford to replace funds.  Thank you QVC

QVC Customer Care

Re: Financial department holding funds hostage

Hi @Mzbetters We're very sorry for this inconvenience. We have submitted a request to release the authorization hold for your order on 5/16. This request is still being processed. The hold should be released soon. If you have any other questions, please email your account information (the reason for contact, Order and/or Item Number) to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Esteemed Contributor

I think that is horrendous to hold funds from May 7th. There is no excuse for a business to treat customers with no respect. To tell a customer, that it is still being processed on May 16th and it will be soon. Do you think in any reality that is good customer service!!! You should be held accountable for your business practices. 

I am sorry for your experience with this company. Hopefully, sooner doesn't mean later!!!

Honored Contributor

I find it inexcusable that funds are still being held this long.  Most refunds witih other companies are processed within 3 business days.  

Respected Contributor

I hope the OP gets the hold taken off today.  That is beyond ridiculous IMO which is one of the many reasons why I rarely purchase from them anymore.

I recall the "old" days when things ran differently and I ordered alot more; now, it's not even close to the same.  

Contributor

I put in a request on May 7. I am tired of hearing the same thing. I was told 2 to 3 business days. Then it changed to 3 to 5. Then another excuse was, if I keep calling to escalate the issue, the request will be delayed. Like it is my fault. There is no way a customer can contact the financial department. No one has a number. Not even customer service. They email a supervisor and then the supervisor emails the financial department. I had gone to the cancer center for my six week treatment and I used a vending machine. The vending machine puts a hold on your card for 10 dollars. I get my coke and this morning the hold was released. A machine can release my funds, but QVC can't. Day 15. Thank you QVC for ruining my Daughter's graduation!!!!
Contributor

This is day 15. Rediculous!! I have called several times I have chatted several times. I have called my bank several times. During this process, QVC never even offered a similar product. this might not be a big deal to people, but to me I am terminally ill. I will never get this opportunity back. I spent my funds on a different gift, but I can't do the dinner now we were planning. Could I wait till June when my money comes in? Sure. Will it be the same? No! Could QVC give me the 116.00 back? Absolutely! Do they care? No!! Unacceptable customer service!!! As always, thank you QVC for ruining my daughter's graduation!!!!
Super Contributor

I agree that no customer should wait for such a long period of time to get their funds--especially when it's no fault of his/her own. However, don't let this ruin your daughter's graduation. Focus on your daughter and her achievements. I thought back to both my high school and college graduations. I don't remember the gifts. I remember the people who were there and how great it was that we were all together. Some of my family have passed who were at my graduations. I'm thankful for the memories (and photographs that I still have). Best wishes. 

Respected Contributor

@Mzbetters , wow, I was hoping it finally got resolved.  IMO, it's way overdue.

I wish I could do something to help solve your problem and my heart goes out to you. 

Speaking for myself, many years ago I ordered quite a few items from Q; the way things are now with the order remaining "in processing" for a long time and not being able to cancel, plus the timeframe for returns, rarely do I order anything.

It's not the company it once was back in the early 2000's.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

@Mzbetters wrote:
This is day 15. Rediculous!! I have called several times I have chatted several times. I have called my bank several times. During this process, QVC never even offered a similar product. this might not be a big deal to people, but to me I am terminally ill. I will never get this opportunity back. I spent my funds on a different gift, but I can't do the dinner now we were planning. Could I wait till June when my money comes in? Sure. Will it be the same? No! Could QVC give me the 116.00 back? Absolutely! Do they care? No!! Unacceptable customer service!!! As always, thank you QVC for ruining my daughter's graduation!!!!

@Mzbetters , you stated you have called your bank several times.  I have experience with something similar and our credit union will file a dispute.  It does take some paperwork to complete, but they could help resolve it to get your $ returned to you.  Just trying to help.