Respected Contributor

Re: Editing orders the same day

@KateE wrote:

I am going to put myself in the mud on this one. I have to agree with QVC's new policy on purchases. I admit I am a complusive shopper and often change my mind or return things. I am sure that the policy they had before where an item could be purchased, changed or deleted later caused the flow of their business to be problematic. It's not QVC's fault  that we the consumer can't make up our minds. If you choose to not shop here again because of this, so be it. 

To me its not just a matter of not being able to make up my mind.  They lure you in to purchase quickly because it is about to selll out.  Then they don't let you cancel or edit like they used to.  I realize a lot of online retailers do not let you cancel or edit, but buying while watching something presented is a different story.  In my case, I ordered then saw something later on in the show that I liked better.  It would not let me cancel as it was being prepared for shipment.  3 days later it still has not shipped.

Frequent Contributor

njgirl, they do not lure you, it's called good marketing and still your decision.

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Catch71

Hi,

Thank you for posting, I will pass along your feedback on this editing issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Susan Q-Social

Thank you Susan.  I ordered 2 of the tsv, one as a gift, and later saw Harry Slotkin offer a different candle in a jar that I would have liked better as the gift.  In the past you were usually able to make a change the same day.

@Catch71I've found if you calll customer service and speak with a Manager, they might be able to edit the order. They've sped up the processing  too much imo- it really inconveniences the customer! The processing is faster, but it's still the same lengthy time to ship, I don't get it...Woman Frustrated

I spoke with cs and they said they put it in process quickly so we can get it faster. This is not entirely true as things are sometimes in process for days.

They lock the order in.  Kohl's does the same thing.  They tell you if you changed your mind send the order back.  This is the new reality and QVC is following it.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71  I don't understand that it if still says processing 3 days later and you call within an hour of placing the order, you should be able to change your mind - that's good customer service.

I ordered a pair of shoes from Macys yesterday morning, and only a few hours later, it shows shipped with a tracking number.  In that case, there is no cancelling or changing your mind...but if it still doesn't show tracking information for 3 more days, then you should have been able to change your mind if QVC is shipping the item.

In the case of BOSE or Vitamix or Barefoot Dreams, where I believe the vendor get the order and they ship from their company warehouse, I can see where you wouldn't be able to change your mind.  

Sure, it might take some coordinating to get the order stopped when processing, but that's the cost of doing business and having good customer service.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I ordered something as a gift for someone, then found out the next day from a friend, that  they couldn't use it due to disability of sorts. Called less that 24 hours later because I couldn't cancel online. Rep said neither could he. I said I read the forums and people talked about being able to cancel through the rep when unable to online. He said, no, it couldn't be done. I tried again that day online and it said in process. I tried the next day and it says it shipped. That is fast for QVC. A recent purchase took a month to get to me, but I think it must have been watlisted but I don't remember that.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with item being "locked" when it processes; meaning you can't change the order because it's in the process of being packaged and going out the door. The ISSUE is that an item will sit in processing for DAYS/WEEKS. That's a problem and QVC uses it, as others have stated, to prevent orders from being cancelled.

I order when I KNOW I want something, so I don't care about it being locked but don't tell me it's getting ready to ship when we all know it is NOT. Just like, don't tell me it has SHIPPED when all you've done is create a shipping number for the item but the package is still in your warehouse and it'll be 2 more days before it goes out in a truck. It's a lie and a game on the part of QVC.

I shop almost 100% online, so I know how other vendors work. I have never run into an issue regarding an order when something has not yet shipped but I also don't change an order very often. It takes a phonecall and done. A few months ago I ordered something from Restoration Hardware online; it would be 4-6 weeks to deliver. No problem as they told me UP FRONT. DH is out with the boys a week later and calls me from the Restoration Hardware store they found at the mall they're at; it has the item I ordered there in the store, on sale and he can walk out with it. I call the online CS, tell them and they say "no problem. We can cancel your order. Have a great day!". DH brought the item home and all was good.

You could NOT do that with QVC within HOURS of an order because of the "processing" nonsense. Knowing how QVC plays the game, it's up to us, the customers to play it according to their rules or spend your money some place else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, and I can decide to shop elsewhere too!  The tactics are starting to get on my nerves.  I guess what bothers me most as they are taking away the things that I liked about shopping with them.  New management has to come up with new ideas and I really don't like the changes that are happening to us customers.  QVC is not what it was just a few years ago.  Now, with QVC2, beauty channel, etc. they are becoming too disjointed.  Am I going to check 3 different sites - no.  And the free exchanges only works when the item you want is still available.  All they do is shove easy pay down our throats, and while it may help some people, it really just tricks people into buying more than they can probably afford.  Again, a tactic I do not myself take advantage of.  Those easy pays add up fast!  I know its my choice to buy or not, and as a consumer you have to be smart and not one to hit the submit button fast if your not sure.  I watch and buy differently now.

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's the new reality.  They expect us to make up our minds before we order something, not after we order.   It happened to me Sunday and I had no problem with it at all.  I  impulsively ordered sandals that I wanted but I didn't put a lot of thought into it.  Two hours later, I went to cancel and I couldn't.   Lesson learned.