Occasional Contributor

Easier Customer Service contact Method

I have an apparently lost order since I ordered on 12/12/20, which shows it shipped on 12/15/20 and a delivery date of 12/21/20. The item still has not arrived, cannot contact QVC support about the issue to see if it is lost or what the deal is. Has anyone else had their children's Christmas destroyed because of non-dellvered items?

Respected Contributor

Re: Easier Customer Service contact Method

@beckiL wrote:

I have an apparently lost order since I ordered on 12/12/20, which shows it shipped on 12/15/20 and a delivery date of 12/21/20. The item still has not arrived, cannot contact QVC support about the issue to see if it is lost or what the deal is. Has anyone else had their children's Christmas destroyed because of non-dellvered items?

There is no lack of a material gift that would ever destroy Christmas for my children

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@beckiL Where do I start? Back in October the media warned of extreme shipping delays and you wait until December 12 to order a Christmas gift? Bad planning.

And if a material gift ruined Christmas, there's something amiss. You should plan better.

And use this email to contact the Social Team:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and give all your info, including the fact that you didn't order until Dec. 12!

Esteemed Contributor

What did it say when you hit the track my order? It displays what's going on with your package

Occasional Contributor

The Post Office, UPS, and Fedex have all been experiencing severe delays.  This is due to hunting season, Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, employees being absent due to Covid-19, increased online sales due to Covid-19, as well as the pre-Christmas snowfall on the East Coast which dumped 2-3 feet in many areas.  All of this combined created delays of epic proportions!

Areas especially hard hit with delays include New York State, Pennsylvania (especially Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg), and Florida. 

I heard that the Post Offices are so backlogged that the mail and packages are piled up to the ceilings.  With no more room inside the Post Office locations, tractor trailers must sit outside unloaded.  Even if there was room inside the bulding to off-load the mail, there are insufficient employees available to do the work due to illness. Two days ago, I heard that in Pittsburgh, they were just that day unloading a truck full of mail from NOVEMBER 28.  That is a month's worth of mail.  

I also understand that UPS temporarily stopped making pickups from multiple large retailers.  I watched the tracking on several of my packages and the tracking indicated "Waiting for pickup by UPS".  This went on for days and days!

I am frustrated, too.  However, we need to realize that the only thing we can do is be patient and understanding.  Keep an eye on your tracking.  USPS, UPS, and Fedex are working as quickly as possible to get our packages delivered.  Eventually they will work through the backlog.  

Respected Contributor

Welcome New Poster.  So sorry you are missing your gifts, but EVERYBODY knows you are exaggerating the situation.

In fact, we have a funny forum thread about how some people write in and claim their Christmas was ruined because of QVC.

If the gift was not there by Dec. 23rd, perhaps Mommy should have run to the store and bought something else to wrap to give to the little ones.  

I ordered some food items in October and November which were never shipped--the truth was the factory could not make enough, which was beyond QVC's control.

If the item was lost or never shipped, no worries--QVC will not charge you.

This is the year of the pandemic--have sympathy for those who lost loved ones or who are seriously ill--those are the ONLY reasons to have a "destroyed" holiday.

Honored Contributor

@vsmith53 

And it's not letting up anytime soon, with 2 fronts bringing more bad weather this weekend to the same areas.

Plus according to the news tonight, a case of the faster spreading, mutated Covid virus that was first detected in the UK has been confirmed here in CO, a man in his 20's, who had NOT traveled.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@beckiL 

Destroyed?

Really?

Exaggerate much?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Majority of gifts were purchased on Amazon and deliveries were no problem.  Food gifts to me overnight by FedX and UPS. As someone mentioned the other depends on the service level businesses contract for.  USPS took almost 2 weeks to deliver pkg to NY and it was ordered 12/1

Honored Contributor

@beckiL wrote:

No.

My children are grown but I have young grandchildren.  Most of my gifts to them were shipped by me, earlier in December and reached them a few days later.  I had a few extra things to add, which I shipped by priority mail December 15.  One of those packages arrived after Christmas, just yesterday.  The other is "still in transit to the destination".  I informed them of the delays.  Everyone is just fine with it!