Occasional Contributor

Credit Card Fraud Question..

I apologize if this is the wrong place..I couldn't find an applicable forum! I have an interesting situation with my online QVC account and I'm trying to figure out what might have happened. Maybe someone here has an idea!

Yesterday..I received a password reset request that I didn't ask for, then another one and another..5 total. I called customer service and was told my account was locked for too many sign in attempts. She assured me that my account was not compromised and I changed my password.

Today...I received an email asking me to return to purchase items left in my cart..but there were no items saved in my account. The items listed in the email were laptops that I have never looked at. I checked my order history, nothing looked suspicious. I once again called customer service and was told that no one attempted to place an order. 

Today..I went to the ATM to make a deposit and learned that my card was locked due to suspicious activity. Someone trIed to place 3 QVC orders. The totals equaled the amount of the 3 laptops in the email I received.

QVC still insists that this did not happen on my account as no order was declined. No one knows I use QVC..and my email is unique. I asked if they were hacked and told no. They insist that someone got a hold of my card number and "it happens all the time". I only use this card for QVC. Someone was able to log in and place an order with my card on file yet there is no record of it. And what about the shipping address? I love QVC..but right now I am hesitant to purchase anything or put a card on file for my autopays. I just wish I knew how this happened. No one has access to my tablet or phone..those are the only devices I use to log in. I even checked my chrome activity because of saved passwords but no suspicious activity. 

Thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Credit Card Fraud Question..

@Treed561 They have been having major technical difficulties, your best bet would be to post this under Customer Care, scary, I know I myself am watching my account and charges like a hawk, Good Luck!

Trusted Contributor

That would make me really nervous. Can QVC change your account number for you? I know your credit card company has frozen your account & will issue you a new card but what if they're able to access your QVC account again? I think I would want a better explanation from QVC or your bank as to what happened. Good luck.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Treed561 They have been having major technical difficulties, your best bet would be to post this under Customer Care, scary, I know I myself am watching my account and charges like a hawk, Good Luck!

They don't permit duplicate threads @CareBears, either the OP need to ask to move it or just add shout outs to the Mods. 

😊❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@BitsyAnn Sorry I did not know, I sure hope the MODS see this and respond!

Contributor

With these 'technical difficulties' going on @ QVC, I've been watching my account very carefully!  Tonight, I went thru a 'fake' purchase ...... when it came to Payment, only ONE CC was listed, and I had 3 previously.  Called CS .... they said someone had removed all but the one!  I asked who that 'someone' was, and she said it didn't say in her notes, just that someone had removed them!

I DID NOT remove them!

You can bet I have now removed that remaining one though!!!!! 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears..that was my thought too! When I clicked on the customer care link...it directed me to a new forum. There were forum guidlines posted but no recent posts! If you have a link, I'll delete a repost

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TribestersYes very nervous!  I am hesitant to add a new card!  I asked about deleting my current account but was told thats not possible. The rep kept saying it couldn't be charged if cancelled. Ha! I known that but I need to know know how this happened. I noticed the technical difficulties yesterday and my first thought was a connection to my issue. The rep stated she would forward the info to the fraud department but there is no guarantee they will contact m3...sigh:

Occasional Contributor

@petunia...interesting! How could someone just log into your account and remove your card? I don't blame you for removing the last one! Something is not right!