Trusted Contributor

Continuing issues with the warehouse sending incomplete or wrong merchandise

I've been shopping with QVC since @2000. But since 2022 I have never seen the amount of errors at the QVC warehouses.  And it is always the same issue.  The outside box or clear plastic bag is labeled correctly with the item you ordered vs what is shipped does not match the label.

I just received the Cuddle Dud Sherpa Top and Jersey Pants Pajama Set yesterday.that I ordered in XS and the only item in the bag was the Sherpa top and not the pants. I already own this set in the Small but I wanted a smaller size pants. CS gave me a partial credit so now I have 2 tops and 1 pant.

This is just an example of a systemic issue with the warehouse. I have never received so many incomplete, wrong size, or completely different item shipped to me. I'd really like to know what QVC is doing to address this.

The ironic thing is right now there is an LTS (Lunchtime Special) for A518239 - Schutz Leather Pointed Toe Heeled Mules - Zarly

with 3 one star reviews.  Every review same issue: the label on the box listed the correct size but that was not the size in the box.  And each of the customers tried 3 times to get the correct size sent to them and every time a different size was shipped.

Does QVC even bother to read reviews when they are determining what items should be part of the LTS? Do they really think their customers are going to order these shoes with those reviews?

The people who need to be fired are the mgrs in the warehouses.  I hope they were part of the recent QVC personnel reduction.

Super Contributor

Re: Continuing issues with the warehouse sending incomplete or wrong merchandise

I don't think firing  mgrs will solve the problem.  More training involving managers and other personnel will help.  Most important hiring a person who is trained in quality control.  The quality controller does this after the packager puts the items in the shipping bag/box.  The Quality inspector job would be to check the item number,  quantity, color and size on the packing slip against what is in the package.  This includes what is in the clear plastic bag that the clothing is packaged in.  I did this job for many years in a very large company.  No one is perfect but it may lessen the errors that are occurring.

Honored Contributor

Re: Continuing issues with the warehouse sending incomplete or wrong merchandise

@vickie25    Some people just seem to have bad luck. I order a lot and can't even remember the last time they made a mistake on one of my orders. 

Like most lower level jobs, the order pullers and packing jobs probably have tremendous turn-over where they're constantly training new employees.  The jobs of warehouse supervisors and managers must be extremely challenging. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

In the last month, I've received 3 incorrect items. It was frustrating as I had to speak to Customer Service so I wouldn't get charged the $6.95 return fee. Even more frustrating was that the item was sold out..... so I got the wrong item, and it was gone. 

Respected Contributor

I've also have never had a problem with an order. I don't think it's because I'm lucky but rather because of what I've order.

It seems likely there are some lines, some vendors that have a problem marking the content of their products correctly.

After so many posters complaining about this same issue I would think QVC should be able to figure out which vendors and where the problem may be lying.

Trusted Contributor

Agreed. Doesn't sound like they have a QM system or even a QA process in place. They should be auditing a percentage of their outgoing orders. OR, perhaps they do have a practice but they can't get through their sample set because of sheer volume.

Honored Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

I don't think firing  mgrs will solve the problem.  More training involving managers and other personnel will help.  Most important hiring a person who is trained in quality control.  The quality controller does this after the packager puts the items in the shipping bag/box.  The Quality inspector job would be to check the item number,  quantity, color and size on the packing slip against what is in the package.  This includes what is in the clear plastic bag that the clothing is packaged in.  I did this job for many years in a very large company.  No one is perfect but it may lessen the errors that are occurring.

Considering the MILLIONS of orders filled there is NO way they could possibly check every order before it goes out the door.

Not gonna happen.  Shipping is slow enuf as it is!

Sorry OP you have received incorrect orders.  I also will say...I have been here since CVN and order WAY too much....and only 2x did I receive a wrong order.

Both times it was my outside label, but someone's items and packing slip inside.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

In the last month, I've received 3 incorrect items. It was frustrating as I had to speak to Customer Service so I wouldn't get charged the $6.95 return fee. Even more frustrating was that the item was sold out..... so I got the wrong item, and it was gone. 

@Effie54 

You don't really have to call...just send a quick email to the mods instead.

No hold time and usually a VERY quick response.

qvcsocialteam@qvc.com