Occasional Contributor

Hey QVC; time for you to address your questionable shipping charges and order delays. Thank You

Respected Contributor

@Chimsqua wrote:

Hey QVC; time for you to address your questionable shipping charges and order delays. Thank You

Which ones do you think they have violated?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Chimsqua Kindly enlighten us as to what you think the Q has violated. Details, please.

Can you be specific?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Consumer Bill of Rights

[ Edited ]

Oh, look. A "newbie" who just signed up today, just to complain, yet won't give specifics as to what "laws" the big, bad, evil QVC broke.

*Yawn*

I very much doubt that they'll be back.

One of those drive-by "I-Hate-QVC" posts.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Occasional Contributor

Uhhhh No, I love QVC. What I do not like is their lack of transparency.

As already stated. Consumer Bill of Rights, articles 4-6. This pertains to me. If not you, spare me your drama. The End.

ps/ I just "joined" here upon the advice of a customer service rep, who advised me to, who would probably be fired for telling me to, but she understands the troubles.....

Honored Contributor

@Chimsqua wrote:

Uhhhh No, I love QVC. What I do not like is their lack of transparency.

As already stated. Consumer Bill of Rights, articles 4-6. This pertains to me. If not you, spare me your drama. The End.

ps/ I just "joined" here upon the advice of a customer service rep, who advised me to, who would probably be fired for telling me to, but she understands the troubles.....

Speaking of sparing the drama.....take your own advice....The end.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oy vey.  Again with the bill of rights.  Write a letter to QVC cuz they aren't going to address you on the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here they are:

The original four rights

The right to safety

The assertion of this right is aimed at the defense of consumers against injuries caused by products other than automobile vehicles, and implies that products should cause no harm to their users if such use is executed as prescribed. The right was further formalized in 1972 by the US federal government through the Consumer Product safety Commission (CPSC). This organization has jurisdiction over thousands of commercial products, and powers that allow it to establish performance standards and require product testing and warning labels.

The right to be informed

This right states that businesses should always provide consumers with enough appropriate information to make intelligent and informed product choices. Product information provided by a business should always be complete,truthful and also appropriate.Aiming to achieve protection against misleading information in the areas of financing, advertising, labeling, and packaging, the right to be informed is protected by several pieces of legislation passed between 1960 and 1980.

The right to choose

The right to free choice among product offerings states that consumers should have a variety of options provided by different companies from which to choose. The federal government has taken many steps to ensure the availability of a healthy environment open to competition through legislation including limits on concept ownership through patent law, prevention of monopolistic business practices through anti-trust law, and the outlaw of price cutting and gouging.

The right to be heard

This right has the ability of consumers to voice complaints and concerns about a product in order to have the issue handled efficiently and responsively. While no federal agency is tasked with the specific duty of providing a forum for this interaction between consumer and producer, certain outlets exist to aid consumers if difficulty occurs in communication with an aggrieving party. State and federal attoneys general are equipped to aid their constituents in dealing with parties who have provided a product or service in a manner unsatisfactory to the consumer in violation of an applicable law. Also, the Better Business is a national non-govermental organization whose sole agenda is to provide political lobbies and action on behalf of aggrieved consumers.

Expansion to eight rights

In 1985, the concept of consumer rights was endorsed by the United Nations  which expands them to include eight basic rights.

The right to satisfaction of basic needs

This right demands that people have access to basic, essential goods and services: adequate food, clothing, shelter, health care, education, public utilities, water, and sanitation.

The right to redress

The right to redress provides for consumers to receive a fair settlement of just claims, including compensation for misrepresentation, shoddy goods, or unsatisfactory services. For example, a consumer should be able to go to consumer court against mobile phone companies that put hidden charges on the bill that were not previously explained, or activate ringtones without the parent/legal guardians permission.

The right to consumer education

The right to consumer education states that consumers should be able to acquire knowledge and skills needed to make informed, confident choices about goods and services, while being aware of basic consumer rights and responsibilities and how to act on them.

The Right to a Healthy Environment

This is the right to live and work in a work space or home that is non-threatening to the well-being of present and future generations

Respected Contributor

OUCH   Did you sign up here just so you can say that?

Wow, you sure told them and I’ll bet they are so scared right now.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spacrazy wrote:

OUCH   Did you sign up here just so you can say that?

Wow, you sure told them and I’ll bet they are so scared right now.

Scared? Maybe not. But I also don't want to be the lawyer giving QVC the wake-up call when an unresolved persistent issue affecting multiple customers escalates to a Class Action lawsuit.

As a customer I don't need my patience tested. QVC needs to get it's act together.