Honored Contributor

Re: Consumer Bill of Rights

[ Edited ]

As a consumer, I am free to shop elsewhere, if I don't feel I'm getting good value or service from QVC (or any other retailer).  So far, I'm doing okay.

A class-action lawsuit has to have some legal justification behind it.

@Chimsqua 

And I'd think an explanation of "questionable shipping charges" is in order.  Please define "questionable", as the S&H is stated explicitly for each item I've ever ordered.  How is that "questionable"?

BTW, I read the Consumer Bill of Rights and there are specific references to legislation and consumer law.  Nothing that you have stated violates any law mentioned, as far as I can see, so I'm not sure what you think QVC is violating?

Esteemed Contributor

QVC isn't violating any law.

Just because a customer isn't happy, does not mean that the business broke some law.

I guess the o/p doesn't know that QVC has a whole team of lawyers that makes sure that QVC follows all laws, and that every "I" is dotted, and every "T" is crossed.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Another newbie that thinks they know the law, yawn.

We have another newbie that is resurrecting 4 yr old threads.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

QVC has their own legal department to advise them.

Trusted Contributor

@Chimsqua 

How is Q not being transparent? Why did you agree to their terms? As far as shipping delays, what part of the federal law are they violating?

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/general-terms-conditions.html 

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-teleph... 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The mods have stated that any thread older than one year cannot be restarted. There does not seem to be a consistent enforcement of that rule.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The mods have stated that any thread older than one year cannot be restarted. There does not seem to be a consistent enforcement of that rule.

@mom2four0418  They would need someone to report that thread. They don’t read all these threads.

Trusted Contributor

@Huggy Bear wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

OUCH   Did you sign up here just so you can say that?

Wow, you sure told them and I’ll bet they are so scared right now.

Scared? Maybe not. But I also don't want to be the lawyer giving QVC the wake-up call when an unresolved persistent issue affecting multiple customers escalates to a Class Action lawsuit.

As a customer I don't need my patience tested. QVC needs to get it's act together.

Another newbie answered for OP?

thinking.jpg