New Contributor

Charge posted for a waitlisted item

Has anyone had a charge posted on their card for a waitlisted item? I ordered an item on waitlist last night and immediately the amount went to pending on my card, then posted tonight. I thought you didn’t get charged for waitlisted items til they ship, but the item is still showing waitlisted. I did a chat with customer service and they said if it’s posted it means they’re shipping. But when I said it’s showing waitlisted still, she said they may be taking it off. If the item is shipping that’s great but I don’t want to be charged for something on waitlist that doesn’t ship.
Honored Contributor

Re: Charge posted for a waitlisted item

@DanaB44 wrote:
Has anyone had a charge posted on their card for a waitlisted item? I ordered an item on waitlist last night and immediately the amount went to pending on my card, then posted tonight. I thought you didn’t get charged for waitlisted items til they ship, but the item is still showing waitlisted. I did a chat with customer service and they said if it’s posted it means they’re shipping. But when I said it’s showing waitlisted still, she said they may be taking it off. If the item is shipping that’s great but I don’t want to be charged for something on waitlist that doesn’t ship.

@DanaB44 

yes, it happens.  Talk to CS.

Honored Contributor

@DanaB44.  I wish they'd give new cs reps some training so they'd quit making things up.  Almost all online merchants put a temporary hold on funds purchased with credit cards.  Its not a charge and drops off in 3-4 days.  You're charged when it ships.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

The charge actually went from pending to posting with my checking account. If it was still pending, I wouldn’t worry and figure it’d drop off. But it actually posted tonight
New Contributor

Would it be better to call than do a chat?
Respected Contributor

Send an e-mail with your question and all pertinent information about your order to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.   They are great at resolving problems. 

Valued Contributor

If you see that it has not shipped within 21 days of posting to your credit card--call the credit card company and issue a dispute.

Honored Contributor

I think the moral is if you don't have room on that card, don't order the item.  You may need those funds for something else.  

Respected Contributor

The OP used her checking account for the purchase. The money has been debited from her checking account. I would call my bank.