Occasional Visitor

What was QVC thinking!!! They're trying so hard to appeal to younger people but they just don't get it.  Young people don't watch QVC!!! They stream.  I'm missing Carolyn so much.  Of all the hosts to let go, why Carolyn.  She did a great job.  She was honest and most importantly, REAL.  So many other hosts are so animated and not genuine.  It's actually becoming difficult to watch some of the hosts and how much they carry on about the products they're promoting.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: Carolyn Gracie Departure

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

Maybe it was her choice to retire.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I miss her too, but let's move on. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many younger buy from QVC but if tv shopping is to remain profitable QVC needs to make live presentations more like social media and influencer-like to attract more  and more.  Of course they are trying (and need) to attract younger viewers since the older ones that previously were the base customer/watcher are not living forever.  Often here now I see posts from the older viewer that they like to watch but rarely buy anymore or return way too much so the objective is not to appease the old viewers for entertainment as I am sure statistics show that they no longer buy much anymore!!  I'm 70 and quit viewing (except for channel surfing at times) when the internet became available and I now order as much as before or even more so presentations and hosts really do not matter for me.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Maybe it was her choice to retire.

It wasn'

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She was laid off on February 28th along with 399 other U.S. based QxH employees.

Trusted Contributor

I guess Q wasn't dilly dallying Smiley Wink

Man, I'm going to miss her so much!!!  She was one of the best hosts.

Super Contributor

@mystick   Granted, Carolyn was an excellent sales person.  She's now been gone from QVC for weeks. She took the squirrel with her as well so let's move on.

Occasional Visitor

100%. "Garolyn" was one of 2 reasons I even watch QVC anymore.  Mary/Kim Gravel is the other. Carolyn made a real connection with people tuning in.  I find the rest of the hosts boring, talking heads who just blabber on about the product.  No humor, just sales.  I don't need to watch a show for that.  I'd prefer to just shop oniine.  QVC-YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE!  We already miss Carolyn Gracie.