Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie Departure

[ Edited ]

Jayne Brown was presenting the midi dress and said I don't want to bore you but I want to give you some length measurements. WTH?! Measurements and details about the item is what I DO want to hear! What does bore me and makes me want to yank my hair out is constantly hearing about dancing daughters, Disney trips, and half marathons that have absolutely nothing to do with QVC items being presented. No matter how hard a certain host tries to make them relevant they do not apply to the products and are simply her way of making it "all about her." 

Yep, went off on a different tangent here with this post but just had to laugh at Jayne B. saying she didn't want to bore us with information about the product. Woman Frustrated 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Pook   IMO, QVC should become only an online retailer.  Forget the hosts, expensive sets, etc. etc.  Lord & Taylor is surviving by just being online.  It may work for QVC.

@kaydee50 

Lord and Taylor doesn't have stores anymore?  I didn't know that!

L&T stores have been closed for quite some time.  The one in Chicago closed probably a decade or more ago and the flagship store on 5th Avenue at least 5 years ago.  They are no more as a b&m store but have a website.

Honored Contributor

@mystick  We do not know the whole story. It probably had nothing to do with how she did her job....it is BUSINESS....Amazon just layed off another 10,000 people today... it is business....it is nothing personal. 

Respected Contributor

I think, they are slowly getting rid of the hosts that are coming up tp retirement age.  It will be interesting to watch over the next year or so.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

mystickk The majority of viewers feel bad but we don't make decisions at the corporate level. It's best to accept what happened and show the same grace that the two hosts did. If anything,QVCC might notice a drop off in sales as a result of their decision. I can only hope this is the last thread on the subject.

@AuntG   We have no idea how the majority of viewers feel about the two hosts leaving.  We only see how people who have chosen to post on social media have expressed themselves. 

Out of the millions of QVC viewers, I dare say there are tons of non-posters who really have no feeling at all about them leaving.  Add to that the many that wish the hosts very well in their future, but are happy they are gone.

We cannot speak for the shoppers who choose not to speak on this business decision.

Super Contributor

Were you referring to the younger host, there were a lot of older customers who didn't like Carolyn. Some days you had to really be into it to deal with her. She was all about her pets and no one said a thing about it. Let others talk about their family or a trip and everyone would be in an up roar about it. She wasn't perfect but whatever the reason only she knows and I really don't think we will ever know. I never want to see no one lose their job but at the end of the the day Q made a decision we have to adjust to. We make decision on what is best for us but they made it based on the business aspect.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie Departure, dancing daughters lol

Super Contributor

Some people do get bored with that a lot and others don't. Jayne was a buyer before she became a host. She has heard a lot from the customers through the years belive me. So if she said that it has been mention to her or she has read some of the comments.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ : I gotta tell you at many large companies those retirement packages are might sweet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

for the love of Pete! Put it to rest. Enough about her.  She wasn't your friend, a family member, or even your cross the way neighbor. She was a salesperson at a store. That's all it boils down to, miss her into infinity - but let it go on the forum already. Please and thank you.