Super Contributor

This has been ongoing for weeks if not months now.  I can access the forums, but if I try to view a product, it will not load.  What is the problem?  Yes, I've cleared cookies, cache, etc., to no avail.

I have contacted customer service.  They just say they're sorry, & I'm sure they are.  It's a horrible way to run a company, in my opinion.  I do not want to call if I want to order a product.  I usually just go to Amazon since their prime delivery is wonderful.

I just don't understand why Q ignores this problem?

They don't even try to reach out with any possible solutions.

Oh well, had to vent!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot load QVC on my Mac

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo wrote:

This has been ongoing for weeks if not months now.  I can access the forums, but if I try to view a product, it will not load.  What is the problem?  Yes, I've cleared cookies, cache, etc., to no avail.

I have contacted customer service.  They just say they're sorry, & I'm sure they are.  It's a horrible way to run a company, in my opinion.  I do not want to call if I want to order a product.  I usually just go to Amazon since their prime delivery is wonderful.

Oh well, had to vent!  

I have not heard of this happening for anyone else, so it may be isolated to your computer. QVC cannot provide tech support for every customer with a computer problem. They are generally quick to fix qvc.com issues when they affect a large group of people.

Have you called Apple tech support? I would contact them for computer issues.

Valued Contributor

Are you using Safari? Some sites are quirky with Safari. 

You may want to download Google Chrome for this site. I had to do this with a radio station that changed something on their end (they've since fixed it).

Just a suggestion. I realize it's a pain to keep switching. I personally like Safari. Chrome makes me feel like I'm in the PC world.  UGH! (If you're a mac user, you know what I mean!   LOL)

Good Luck!

Super Contributor

thanks @ChynnaBlue.  I don't expect QVC to resolve computer issues for every customer, but I've been reading about this problem on these forums (regarding Macs & Safari) for a while now.  It's just the first time I've vented.  

QVC is the only website that I have this problem with!  

In the end, it's not like I can't get what I want somewhere else.

I just can't shop with QVC.  And that's okay too.

Frequent Contributor

I have almost the same problem except most of the time I can't get the blogs and forums site.  (today I was lucky).  All I get is a long menu of all the products Q sells and that's it.  I have called customer service numerous times.  All they say is that they'll pass the message along.  This has been going on for months and nothing has been done about it.  It's very frustrating to say the least.  I have a Mac also.

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

thanks @ChynnaBlue.  I don't expect QVC to resolve computer issues for every customer, but I've been reading about this problem on these forums (regarding Macs & Safari) for a while now.  It's just the first time I've vented.  

QVC is the only website that I have this problem with!  

In the end, it's not like I can't get what I want somewhere else.

I just can't shop with QVC.  And that's okay too.

I'm sorry you're having problems, @RooRoo, and know it's frustrating.   As mentioned before, the Safari and IE browsers are terribly incompatible with the Q website -- I wish the website would acknowledge this and advise everyone to use Firefox or Google Chrome.  

If you're using Safari, I really doubt the problems will clear up.   I use iMac desktop (OS X 10.11.4) with Firefox (v. 46.0) and Chrome (v. 50.0.2661.86), also iPad 3 and iPhone 5 (iOS 9.3.1), and I can access QVC with no problems.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I, too, have had problems for a while with QVC on my IPad.  I can get it but every possible category is centered and on its own line so I must scroll down so far down each time the page reloads that I find it is just too much of a hassle to go there very often.  Also, when the page reloads, both on my PC and my IPad, I get Christmas photos at the top.  On the PC they eventually change to the current photos, but something is not right on the QVC side just for the fact that those pictures are only available from QVC, so it is not coming from an error on my IPad/PC.  It appears there are problems in the IT area at QVC.  I keep waiting for the fix.  No luck so far.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Super Contributor

@seehorse thanks for the suggestion!

I don't want to download Chrome though. I really like Safari as well and downloading Chrome may invite a host of problems I had when I was still using windows.  

Thanks again, just thought Q's technical team might want to address this.  Have a great day!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo wrote:

Oh well, had to vent!  

Hi @RooRoo,

I'll forward this to our team in IT, our apologies for the ongoing issue you've been experiencing. I wish there was more I could personally do to resolve it, but I can certainly make sure that our IT deparrtment is aware.

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@seehorse thanks for the suggestion!

I don't want to download Chrome though. I really like Safari as well and downloading Chrome may invite a host of problems I had when I was still using windows.  

Thanks again, just thought Q's technical team might want to address this.  Have a great day!

@RooRoo, I've been using Chrome on my Mac for years and it works very well.   Truly, if only for troubleshooting options it's a good idea to have at least 2 browsers -- with the current versions in place -- on a computer.   As I said, the tech staff has been aware for a long, long time  that Safari isn't compatible and I doubt anything will be done to fix this problem.   I think they really should remove it from their list of accepted browsers. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova