Occasional Contributor

Placed my order on Friday 11/25, order was canceled on 11/26. Its now 11/30 and the authorization hold of $200+ from 11/25 is still being held by QVC. I've spoken with 7 different qvc reps, 2 by phone , 2 in the live chat and 3 from the Social team. The first lady "Kara" or "Kira" who I spoke with on the phone told me, they "don't do refund requests" which I knew was incorrect so I reached out to another qvc rep through the live chat who was nice enough to put in a request to lift the authorization hold. I paid through PayPal so there was some confusion about who to contact to lift the authorization hold until a PayPal representative helped me realize only qvc, THE MERCHANT who accepted the payment, has the power to lift the authorization hold. PayPal was also nice enough to reach out to qvc by email and give them step by step instructions on how to void my payment so that the funds are instantly released. Yet no response from qvc. They have the power to lift authorization holds yet they're choosing not to. I paid through HSN the same way, cancelled the order and was refunded within 10 hours after I spoke with a supervisor from HSN. Too bad qvc has no supervisor you can speak with so you just have to sit in limbo while you contact their qvc social team, which is almost pointless because they give you the most basic automated robot answers you can think of.

Honored Contributor

Probably Number 1 reason I am reluctant to order from the Q. So much ADO.

Respected Contributor

I haven't place an order since last September.... no plans going forward to shop with QVC......seems more trouble than it's worth

Esteemed Contributor

@PddOffGuywrote:

Placed my order on Friday 11/25, order was canceled on 11/26. Its now 11/30 and the authorization hold of $200+ from 11/25 is still being held by QVC. I've spoken with 7 different qvc reps, 2 by phone , 2 in the live chat and 3 from the Social team. The first lady "Kara" or "Kira" who I spoke with on the phone told me, they "don't do refund requests" which I knew was incorrect so I reached out to another qvc rep through the live chat who was nice enough to put in a request to lift the authorization hold. I paid through PayPal so there was some confusion about who to contact to lift the authorization hold until a PayPal representative helped me realize only qvc, THE MERCHANT who accepted the payment, has the power to lift the authorization hold. PayPal was also nice enough to reach out to qvc by email and give them step by step instructions on how to void my payment so that the funds are instantly released. Yet no response from qvc. They have the power to lift authorization holds yet they're choosing not to. I paid through HSN the same way, cancelled the order and was refunded within 10 hours after I spoke with a supervisor from HSN. Too bad qvc has no supervisor you can speak with so you just have to sit in limbo while you contact their qvc social team, which is almost pointless because they give you the most basic automated robot answers you can think of.

I know this isn't the answer but that is why I use easy pay.They only hold a small portion and it doesn't seem as bad. Don't get me wrong it is not good but not as bad. You can always pay off the balance if you want to keep the item. Have you contacted Corporate? I am sorry for your dilemma and hope for a resolution soon.

Respected Contributor

Each financial institution determines how long they keep an authorization pending. Some banks three days or less, others seven to ten days. Contact your bank.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps in the future wait 24 hours before finalizing a purchase since you seem to cancel quite quickly.

The holiday season is always more hectic than other times of the year.

Also, there have been cases in the past of customers ordering and then cancelling after the item has shipped, then keeping the product, which is fraud.

I always find the QVC Social Team extremely helpful, but it appears you may be a new customer and may not yet have an established credit or shopping history.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopperwrote:

Perhaps in the future wait 24 hours before finalizing a purchase since you seem to cancel quite quickly.

The holiday season is always more hectic than other times of the year.

Also, there have been cases in the past of customers ordering and then cancelling after the item has shipped, then keeping the product, which is fraud.

I always find the QVC Social Team extremely helpful, but it appears you may be a new customer and may not yet have an established credit or shopping history.

First thing, when you place an order it goes into processing and you can't cancel. I have never heard of someone cancelling after an order ships. That just doesn't happen.

Respected Contributor

This is interesting because some posters, including myself, complain when we're unable to cancel an order for whatever reason whether it's 2 minutes later or 2 hours later. So.....I guess ordered can be canceled.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308wrote:

Each financial institution determines how long they keep an authorization pending. Some banks three days or less, others seven to ten days. Contact your bank.

@PddOffGuy

@Etoile308is 100% correct. Read above again.....your beef is with the financial institution....they determine the drop off time.

@PddOffGuy Has your issue with QVC been resolved? I'm currently going through the same thing with them again after resolving it just ONE DAY AGO! Its been 30 days since I tried to place my order. FyI it is most definitely both QVC & Paypals fault. Its like they are in competition who can be more difficult. Both have the power and ability to release an authorization. QVC told me they can manually cancel an authorization but they said its not generally something they do. it wasn't until I got a kind & helpful agent at PayPal who released the hold within an hour of us speaking. BUT today I go to place the order for the item that was out of stock and BOOM another authorization from QVC made the night before ... no idea why they authorized my card. I had not yet placed my order so here we go again ... it took 12 days to get the last authorization released.