Occasional Contributor

Re: Backordered but ordered prior to presenting?

same thing has happened to me with rings I ordered. QVC needs to get their act together

Honored Contributor

I hink they are presenting items that haven't hit the warehouse yet.  Gotta show something, I guess.  The TSV's are an institution.

Honored Contributor

@patty17 wrote:

I ordered 2 of the Candace Cameron Bure TSV's the day before the were to be presented.  They were both in stock items at the time of ordering.

I looked today @ order status only to see they are on backorder.

When I ordered none of the sizes or colors were limited.

Kind of concerning that they would take orders for something that they don't even have quantity to fill.  

Maybe that's a good reason to shop brick and mortar in the future if that will be the "Q" way of customer service.

You're just one in a long line.

Esteemed Contributor

A status of "Back Order" means inventory is on its way to a QVC or vendor warehouse for packing and shipping and QVC fully intends to fulfill all the orders placed for that inventory. The only steps remaining are mainly administrative, so you should get your order fairly quickly. This is not the same as "Advance Order" or "Waitlist," where they're often just hoping to have enough inventory to fulfill orders.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@patty17,

I had the same thing happen with something I ordered from Valerie that was in stock but when I emailed the social team they said it wouldn't ship till May 7! I ordered it on March 29!

I orderedone of Candaces t-shirts too and it just says "preparing your order."

I don't think I will order anything else.

It's kind of sneaky to sell things they don't have and esp not notify us that they will be very delayed.

People who order first should have orders shipped out first.

@on the bay - The status of "Preparing Your Order" is a good sign—that means you've moved beyond the nebulous "In Process" and someone is actually getting your order labeled and ready to head out the door. Hopefully, the status will update to "Shipped" very soon!

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the Q, reading this forum for years, this is nothing new.

Numerous times there are complaints that early orders get backordered and they might even get cancelled.

This is a bad habit for the Q if in fact they are selling merchandise they do not even have yet.  Other possibilities is that the product is stuck in QC, that has happened before.

Until the Q comes clean and tells all of us exactly why product is being charged, going on backorder and not shipping, we will not know for certain.

for every order that goes on backorder the Q should be giving the customer a $5 credit, maybe if it costs them, somebody will do something about it, right now they are being given a pass.

Frequent Contributor

I'm having same issue with my orders of other items. Still never received my Denim and Co TSV beach pants from April 4th. I got two emails that the order would be delayed. The dates they said I'd have my order are long past. I ordered an OTO Susan Graver top that was brand new and two days later got an email they don't have quantity to ship right away. There are two other items that have just been sitting there for 7 days now. QVC selling items on air for stock they DO NOT HAVE is asking for major customer trouble!!!!!! I'm very unhappy. I order with brick and mortar stores and get my stuff so fast.

Frequent Contributor

@ kachina624  It's common sense to not sell items you don't even HAVE yet. QVC is shooting themselves in foot by doing business this way.

Respected Contributor

I ordered D&C big deal pants plus a matching top.  Now pants on backorder  - were in stock when I ordered on the day of offer - and top now shipped!

Very frustrating do you ever really receive back orders?  - now have to decide do I keep top, try to find another similar colour pant or return then I bet if I do return the D&C pant will probably show up.   Yuk.

Contributor

I'm really annoyed about this too, even though it's happened before.  I'm contemplating cancelling my two t-shirt "backorders."  Why the heck did I pre-order??  And I even ordered one in white which ended up being one of the last colors left anyway.  I understand if they need more stock, and I'm glad Candace had such a stellar debut, but can't at least those who order first be first in line??