Contributor

Backordered but ordered prior to presenting?

I ordered 2 of the Candace Cameron Bure TSV's the day before the were to be presented.  They were both in stock items at the time of ordering.

I looked today @ order status only to see they are on backorder.

When I ordered none of the sizes or colors were limited.

Kind of concerning that they would take orders for something that they don't even have quantity to fill.  

Maybe that's a good reason to shop brick and mortar in the future if that will be the "Q" way of customer service.

Contributor

Re: Backordered but ordered prior to presenting?

This has happened to me a number of times too.  I do not understand it eiter.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the day of the presentation well before the sizes sold out and mine was listed as backordered too. I decided to cancel it since I don’t want to wait for a return. 

Honored Contributor

QVC does seem to have inventory control problems. 

Honored Contributor

@patty17,

I had the same thing happen with something I ordered from Valerie that was in stock but when I emailed the social team they said it wouldn't ship till May 7! I ordered it on March 29!

I orderedone of Candaces t-shirts too and it just says "preparing your order."

I don't think I will order anything else.

It's kind of sneaky to sell things they don't have and esp not notify us that they will be very delayed.

People who order first should have orders shipped out first.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you Smiley Sad.  I ordered several of Candace's items on Monday and I will be very disappointed if they go to backorder.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe people had the same exact item in their carts and their order got in before yours, making your item backordered? Just a thought.

Valued Contributor

QVC is not the only one with this issue.  Orders I placed through Swimsuitsforall and Sundance are on back order.  Swimsuitsforall notiifed me, but Sundance has not.  I had to call them.  Also took 4 months for a part for my broken dishwasher to arrive.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   @patty17    When this happens, it's often the result of an unavoidable shipping delay, which is a sign of the times and won't go away anytime soon.  Your item is undoubtedly on the way but has not yet arrived.  It's not an inventory problem but rather a transportation problem. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Kachina624   Thank you for your response as well as the other responses to my problem.  I'll choose your optimism and keep my fingers crossed that my order is well on its' way.