Regular Contributor

Could somebody please tell me their experience when an item goes on backorder. I am not happy of course I ordered item day it came out and was in stock and now I see today is backorder. Qvc if you are going to over sell items it might be nice to give the people that order first the items.. Anyway for others that had things backordered did you ever get the item and my other question is did it end up being somebody's return. Because if I am just going to get a return it will help make my decision to just cancel the order now because I am not paying over $70.00 for a used item. 

Honored Contributor

@hotbuyer    First, you don't know that the item was oversold.  There are many other things that could have happened to cause a back-order.

Second, customer returns are not used.  I've received dozens of them over the years and I've never received one that was not in pristine condition.  It it weren't for the label, I wouldn't know it was a return.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I think this is a stock control issue. They don’t have the inventory they thought they had when they go to pick your item.  

So my experience has been: if it’s a recently stocked item that has only just sold out, you have a good chance of getting it. People will cancel, fail to send in their checks, or just plain return their item. Then your order will start processing.

However, if it’s an older item that’s apparently popped back into stock, your chance of the order being fulfilled is much slimmer. If only one was available when you ordered then  you’re probably not going to get it because it was an inventory reporting error.  

In these circumstances I’ve come to assume the order will be cancelled sooner or later but occasionally it’s a nice surprise when the stars align and it starts processing. Be aware that the order can flip between processing and backorder several times before it is cancelled though.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks Kachina for giving your experience . I had called CS and they told me they oversold them Smiley Sad.. Who knows if they even know if that was what it was. I know it happens but I guess I have been lucky after all the years of shopping with QVC this is the first time it has happen to me.

Regular Contributor

@Pagan Thank you Pagen for sharing your experience fingers crossed it go off backorder. After reading your post maybe I will give it a couple days until I decide to cancel.

Honored Contributor

@hotbuyer"I will give it a couple days until I decide to cancel."

Before you cancel if it comes to that, strongly suggest that you send an emai to--->QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com for a status update on your order.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@hotbuyer  My personal experience with backordered items has been zero. Over the years I've had items backordered and always received a letter later stating that they will not be supplying me with the item. Never given a reason, just that it will not be available.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I always cancel any backorder.