Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

my mother expressed,my father would like to have a single served coffee machine for the afternoons,when he only wants 1 cup.if I could find one reasonable priced,I would buy it for him.any suggestions?thank you

@Luvsmyfam, I can't really say - think they are all made under the domain of one manufacturer at varying cost/reliability levels.  I can say, imho, Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach seem to be pretty good bets.  I usually do a search, e.g., best single-serve coffee makers for 2021.  Best Reviews and others will pop up and by reading their top five and going to A you'll probably get something that works longterm.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

goldieaneddy,thank you for your reply.i am going to investigate further,as I would love to surprise father with this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

my mother expressed,my father would like to have a single served coffee machine for the afternoons,when he only wants 1 cup.if I could find one reasonable priced,I would buy it for him.any suggestions?thank you

@Luvsmyfam,  I recently purchased a single serve from Walmart for $2.  Walmart also lists several other low priced makers.  I bought the Mainstays Single Serve Dual Brew Coffee Maker on recommendation and it certainly meets my needs.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I wonder if Mr coffee has a single serve version.i used to have a Mr coffee as well,and it lasted forever.then kerig came out with theirs,and I just had to try it.ive had a total of 3 kerig makers.

Respected Contributor

I've had very good luck with Keurigs. And I always register my products. I've read that people who have registered their products and then have a problem are easily able to get replacements.

I think I went three years before I needed to descale my coffeemaker. And I have very hard water. The only water I used in mine had been filtered through my Zero pitcher.

Esteemed Contributor

My first Keurig lasted many years. My second one, not so much. I replaced it with a Bunn single serve and love it. I also have a regular Bunn coffee maker and it makes great coffee.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme   Youre right about the height of the Ninja.  It will fit under my cabinet, but we have to move it out when we use it as the k cup lid flips up.  But, my husband and I were so surprised as to the quality of the machine.  Its very nice.  My Keurig looks rinky dink when compared!

Respected Contributor

My current (and only) Keurig is 8 years old and still going strong. I LOVE it! I use filtered water in it and it's still working just as well as the day I got it. I've never even had to descale it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~