Contributor

As Is item - Processing order

I placed an order for an “as is” item on August 5th. I can understand (but don’t like) waiting for an item that the Q doesn’t have in stock yet, but it is now August 12th and the item is still in the processing stage??? I would think that they would actually have that item readily available.

Anyone else have this issue?
Contributor

Re: As Is item - Processing order

Correction - it’s in the “preparing your order” stage, not “processing”.
Honored Contributor

My sympathy.  I ordered 2 clearance, 1 sale item on 7/29, over 2 weeks ago, and they're still processing my orders.  The reason they haven't shipped is a mystery to me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Maybe the item was a return, and they have to process the return, repackage the item, and then get it ready to be resent.

QVC knows when somebody returns an item immediately if they use the pre-paid label, so they may post the item for sale before they have it in stock, knowing it is on its way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Riley P - The "Preparing Your Order" status means your item should be shipping very soon—and sometimes I've even had an order arrive the same day the status changed from this one to "Shipped." Good luck!

Contributor

Well that is good news for that one item! I also ordered two other items in 8/5 (not as is) that are still in preparing your order stage.

Orders placed on 7/29 and not shipped yet is just insane. Obviously if they’re clearance, they want to get rid of the stuff they HAVE, not waiting for the item to be shipped from who knows where.

My ordering has DEFINITELY shrunk this past year because of this shipping situation.

I heard a host say “Order it today (Tuesday) and you’ll have it by Monday.” WHICH Monday is the question we would all like to know the answer to. 😂
Contributor

And also - if they put every item that someone used a shipping label to return on the “as is” list, the entire website would be inundated with “as is” items. Adding the items to the website BEFORE inspecting the item is just incredibly stupid. Just my opinion.
Honored Contributor

@Riley P 

It isn't just that Q may not have new items in stock yet that causes order delays.

It is also that warehouse staff is probably short and restricted by health guidelines.

It can be just as difficult getting in stock items out the door!

All companies are having staffing issues.  People available to OR willing to work, especially at stocking and warehouse positions, are in huge demand.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife    If labor is the problem, how can they ship some items like the D&C TSV out the next day while older, clearance items sit waiting for weeks? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I agree with you. It also amazes me that I paid for expedited shipping for a Jason Wu sweater and received it in a few days (costly, but no shipping problem on that item). I placed a second order for the same sweater, different color, standard delivery on that one. The order was placed August 4th, and I was told this morning that I can expect it on August 19th. If this is really a shipping problem, how does QVC manage to ship things so quickly if a person pays for expedited shipping? Why do things stay in an "in process" status for such a long time when standard delivery is used? It is a mystery to me. Is the problem at the warehouses or is it truly a shipping issue?