Valued Contributor

Another "Free Return/Exchange" Mess Up

[ Edited ]

I ordered A294304 on 8/2.  It was too large so I sent it back for an exchange in a smaller size.  Instead of exchanging this in accordance with QVC's new  Free Return for Exchange Policy, they processed my return and issued a refund.  The new smaller size is showing "Canceled 8/16/17, Standard Delivery, EDD 8/23/17."  It is now 8/25/17.  I have no idea if this in enroute to me or has been canceled.  If the latter, I have no idea why it would have been canceled, as the item is still in stock.

What is going on?  Can a Moderator look into this for me?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another "Free Return/Exchange" Mess Up

@Stevie Nix~ it would be wise to delete that order number. 

Regular Contributor

I had the same issue on two exchanges- return posted, new order for the exchange done, then turned to cancelled. A C/S agent helped me by phone  yesterday, refundered the return fee they had deducted ni error and got the exchange item reirdered. 

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix

For things like this we need to call CS.

I had a similar problem. It was resolved, though not completely to my satisfaction, by calling CS.

Valued Contributor

You need to call Customer Service. The same thing happened to me. I called yesterday, and was told there was a glitch in the system and many exchanges were canceled in error. She re-ordered it for me and gave me a $10.00 inconvenience credit which she applied to the reorder. Just make sure your refund did not charge you for the return shipping!

Valued Contributor

Thank you-I did.

Valued Contributor

How many times are they going to blame a "glitch" in their system for things that go wrong?    It seems they don't even have a system.  If the hosts are telling the customers they can exchange for no extra cost, that is exactly what should happen.  The incompetence is almost inconceivable.

I guess I will call CS, but at this point I really don't care if I get the shirt or not.  The quality wasn't that great.

Respected Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

How many times are they going to blame a "glitch" in their system for things that go wrong?    It seems they don't even have a system.  If the hosts are telling the customers they can exchange for no extra cost, that is exactly what should happen.  The incompetence is almost inconceivable.

I guess I will call CS, but at this point I really don't care if I get the shirt or not.  The quality wasn't that great.

You're funny, sorry I know you are frustrated.  Let it be but I would push for the initial shipping charged refunded and tell them they can keep their replacement although asking for a $10 inconvenience fee would be nice too.

....and how ironic is that, an "inconvenience" fee since the third initial of their name stands for convenience.

I'm glad I cut down on ordering, it was so nice with the return to HSN, sent 2 items back from 2 different orders back and my credits went through without a problem.    The Q's system is always messed up.  I believe they employ an outside firm and you would think somebody would just fire that company and get someone who knows what they are doing.

so sorry again but that made me laugh

Honored Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

You need to call Customer Service. The same thing happened to me. I called yesterday, and was told there was a glitch in the system and many exchanges were canceled in error. She re-ordered it for me and gave me a $10.00 inconvenience credit which she applied to the reorder. Just make sure your refund did not charge you for the return shipping!

@cotto22

The rep I spoke with refused to admit anything was wrong on their end. He wouldn't do a thing to compensate me for my inconvenience - even when I asked. I did get a refund for the return shipping. It just goes to show that it depends who you talk to what your results will be.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@cotto22 wrote:

@cotto22

The rep I spoke with refused to admit anything was wrong on their end. He wouldn't do a thing to compensate me for my inconvenience - even when I asked. I did get a refund for the return shipping. It just goes to show that it depends who you talk to what your results will be.

Actually that's true anywhere today.

I've learned to not get frustrated.   Wait, call back.