New Contributor

Re: $40 Credit if you open a Q Card

I’m having the same problem, no $40 credit has posted.  What is the solution?

Honored Contributor

the credits do NOT appear on your qvc credit card account through synchrony.

the qvc credit appears as you check out when purchasing something. you have to check a box to use it.

it DOES have an expiration date, depending on when you opened your card.

contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com so that they can investigate.

it is not a scam.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

They just told me the same thing. BBB will be contacted. I thought QVC was better than this. 

Occasional Visitor

This is blatantly false advertising and a scam. It clearly stated that if you opened a q card you would get a $40 statement credit. It did not say you would get a statement credit toward future purchases. I applied for the stupid card only to get $40 off the Vitamix I purchased after opening the credit card. I am appalled at the tactics QVC uses to find out it only benefits them and not the customer. Upon calling QVC to discover this, I let them know I can easily return their stupid Vitamix and cancel my Q card, never to shop here again. If QVC had any dignity at all it would credit customers who have openly cucard believing what QVC stated online as a $40 statement credit.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some people misunderstand the terminology when signing up for promotions associated with the QCard. The promotional credit applied is a QVC account credit, not a QCard statement credit, which means it is money to spend on a future purchase, not money used toward paying a previous bill. If you read or listen to the formal QVC promotions, you will always see or hear the words "account credit."

However, I've noticed that some hosts have erroneously described it as a "statement credit" even when the text on the screen next to them clearly says "account credit." QVC management should fully train the on-air talent in that respect, as it makes a difference in customer expectations and satisfaction.

As long as you read the fine print (just type Q CARD into the search field on the site), it is very clear what you are getting and the associated timeframes. When I signed up for my Q Card, I had no problem following the steps to get my account credit, so the promotions are definitely not scams.

Honored Contributor

Frankly, it is the same when a host claims to get this item "its only $7.95 on your cc" but the reality is you're buying on EZ pay and the amount they state does not include s/h & tax making it more x how many months🤔

Customers need to pay attention as the hosts bottom line is to get you to buy!!!

I just spent an hour and made 5 calls to both QVC and Synchrony Bank to clarify where and how to get a $33 "credit" from getting the QCard in June.  The advertising for this "credit" was very misleading and outright deceptive.  Synchrony clarified it's a "store credit" not a statement credit.  Customer Service at QVC was shockingly rude, finally gave me a store credit, but shared I had less than a week to use it even though I've made tons of purchases since getting th card in June.  Beyond disappointed and truly shocked by poor attitude and treatment by QVC reps.

New Contributor

I am walking through the same issue. I’m on my 3rd call. The frustration is that there is just no need for this. If they are not honorable I will cancel the card and return purchases. Is it worth all that? So disappointed to see this tactic of utilizing slippery semantics. It’s not necessary, but does cause loyal customers to walk away.
Honored Contributor

Have heard that from hosts too and learned the hard way that you have to jump through hoops to get it. Luckily, the moderators have helped me and others get our credits.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@AmyCS wrote:
I am walking through the same issue. I’m on my 3rd call. The frustration is that there is just no need for this. If they are not honorable I will cancel the card and return purchases. Is it worth all that? So disappointed to see this tactic of utilizing slippery semantics. It’s not necessary, but does cause loyal customers to walk away.

@AmyCS   I am sorry you are still dealing with this from months ago.  I will take a look see what I can do to assist. 

Edited to add, I've issued the credits you were due.

My apologies again. 

Susan