Honored Contributor

(thread title)

@freakygirl

Though I am not "a girl", I will post my "kinda list", if you will.

During my many decades of running, after 1984 roughly 95% of my training was done on a commercial treadmill in my town home finished basement. Since I have been an electronics guy since 1954, I had a surround sound setup and true quadraphonic sound, until later became "surround sound by Dolby".

During those years I logged over 16,000 miles on that treadmill. In 1984 there was no such thing as a "home model treadmill". To buy a commercial treadmill I had to get one through someone that was a "doctor or physical therapist", and that was how I was able to acquire mine.

Now to workout music. I again go back to being an electronics guy. I made my own personal workout music made up of only my favorite groups and specific songs. I would copy some from my many vinyl records/some from my 150 concert Laserdiscs, and some from CD's, once they hit the market.

I copied over 50 tapes, SVHS which were true stereo with diagonal recorded as high definition stereo, as close to Cd quality that was available at that period of time. It took me many weeks to put together these tapes, but it was well worth my time.

When I was running my slower long distance training(usually 90 or more minutes), I chose to listen to music that suited the type of running I was doing, which was slow and easy.

On my intermediate paced interval training runs I would play faster paced music, all of which were my favorite songs by many of my favorite music groups, or individual singers. On my "faster than race pace(5k-10k road races)", I would up the pace of my music to match the effort of these training runs.

That was the my "personally made workout playlists" I chose for my hundreds of: 1 mile/2 mile/5k/10k, and Marathons ran during my running days. Still have all of those specially made Hi-Fi Stereo SVHS tapes I can chose from for the types of workouts I am now limited, by age and physical health issues, I continue to do on my better days.

I am sure nobody here that knows me thought I would respond with a short reply to this topic.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

hckynut, hey john! first, I hope you, cindy, and the "kids" are all doing well! 

second, thank you for that rather lengthy reply. I had to sit down and put my feet up and get cozy for the long read. lol! hel-lo! I'm just teasing! it's your fault for ending your post the way you did! 😂

anyway, yeah, as you well know, anyone who works out everyday for a couple of hours needs a good playlist to get motivated. remember when I busted my foot? that was on the elliptical. sometimes good music makes you forget to be more careful! I too have fast and mellow(ish) music, but all in one iPod. it's good because it gets me to slow down then speed up, and it doesn't get boring. I'm sure your playlist accumulated after all these years, is pretty interesting. 

thanx for taking the time to share yours. 

hope you're both healthy and going strong. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I've personally been on a Kool and the Gang kick along with KC and the Sunshine band.  

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

If you see someone rocking some glitter workout gear and it's not Richard Simmons, say hey.  Smiley Very Happy

@Laura14

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

This morning on the treadmill it was funk and horns....

~  KC & the Sunshine Band (thanks @Laura14for getting these guys out of my archive!) - 

Keep it comin love/  Shake, shake, shake/  I'm your boogie man/  Get down tonight

~  Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's groove

~  Tower of Power - What is hip

~  Chicago - Saturday in the park

~  Robert Palmer - Early in the morning

~  Chaka Kahn - Never miss the water

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

My current workout playlist is all Lady Gaga.  As a result I have her songs running through my mind all day.