Valued Contributor

Re: when we partied too hard...

On 7/4/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 7/4/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:

My mother was a writer.

She was mean sometimes.

I drank gin when I was sixteen, lay in the yard for 2 days, puking my guts up.

Mom the writer said "good".

creative people drink in LIFE and everything else

What does that even mean?

I grew up in a house of writers, musicians and visual artists.

so stimulating i bet-- I had a chance at 2 moms: one was a paranoid Schizophrenic and the other just plain didn't want my sister and I around--I left in my teens

but we used what we learned, didn't we? and became nicer, more balanced and more authentic and tolerant than they were, right? What did your mother write?

Honored Contributor

My mother was a writer.

She was mean sometimes.

I drank gin when I was sixteen, lay in the yard for 2 days, puking my guts up.

Mom the writer said "good".

creative people drink in LIFE and everything else

What does that even mean?

I grew up in a house of writers, musicians and visual artists.

so stimulating i bet-- I had a chance at 2 moms: one was a paranoid Schizophrenic and the other just plain didn't want my sister and I around--I left in my teens

but we used what we learned, didn't we? and became nicer, more balanced and more authentic and tolerant than they were, right? What did your mother write?

I think so. Funny you should say this. Someone close to me said the same just last week.

My mother wrote poetry and short stories. She was working on a novel when she died, which I didn't know about until the manuscript was found after she was gone.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss--all my parents are gone too
Valued Contributor

I meant that creative people feel an experience ALL of life in a very hungry way---they drink it all in---
Valued Contributor

kittyLWT--there are no coincidences re: your reply above---I left as a teenager with a baby in my belly and a wonderful boyfriend---we've been married for 53 years. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

{{{sylvia}}} Always a joy to read your writings. I look forward to them.

I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Valued Contributor

((((((((((((((((((((((((cakers))))))))))))))))))))------we still need to meet. don't be afraid of me--------I've thought of posting a picture of me taken for a magazine-----just to let others know I'm not a monster. LOL
Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: ((((((((((((((((((((((((cakers))))))))))))))))))))------we still need to meet. don't be afraid of me--------I've thought of posting a picture of me taken for a magazine-----just to let others know I'm not a monster. LOL

sylvia: Oh hon - don't post anything too personal. - If we do CO this fall I'll let you know. I miss the mountains terribly.

Don't worry about others - just about everyone here knows you are a gentle soul.