Respected Contributor

for qvc may I suggest someone close their eyes and listen to the quality of the voice? Some are really annoying.

Super Contributor

Oh boy.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the people doing the hiring always check here for helpful interviewing/selecting advice.

Respected Contributor

Apparently not. Some hosts I avoid because of their voices. I take it everyone else never notices how melodious some are.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure some voices annoy you, OP.

Problem is that the voices that annoy one person might not annoy someone else.

I doubt it's all that much different from a host's demeanor - some like a particular style and some don't.

With a few million potential viewers, I don't see how it would happen that everyone would ever be happy.

Respected Contributor

very true

Regular Contributor

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

OMG . . . I couldn't agree more!! Between most of the hosts and the squeaky female vendors, I mute the sound 90% when watching shows.

One of the reasons I was able to watch and appreciate LR was because of her well modulated voice. Jayne Brown also has a pleasing voice. Right now I can't think of anyone else!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I'm (only) guessing that the folks hiring are fast talkers themselves. Wink It only makes sense. Birds of a feather......... (I do like all of the hosts, though.......)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

You gotta be kidding. "Annoying" is totally subjective. Just because YOU find someone's voice to be "annoying", doesn't mean that the rest of the planet agrees with you.