Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think there are some voices that are pretty much totally annoying to 90% of the population.

And a few of them are on shopping channels!

Trusted Contributor

It would be impossible to find someone who is going to please all viewers.

Honored Contributor
On 12/10/2014 Vamp said:

It would be impossible to find someone who is going to please all viewers.

exactly

Valued Contributor

i love sandras voice. it's so soothing that it puts me to sleep. not good for buying but great for relaxation.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

I much agree. I used to watch the Silver shows many years ago, but always turned off the sound, as it droves me crazy. The same with a certain "business woman" who tjirps, and dances, even too much to just watch, so I may lose some nice opportunities in what she offers. For now 3 of her things are going back, so they should also be careful who they call successful.

Magenta

Honored Contributor

I have been saying that for years. I enjoy voices like Lisa M. Lisa R., and VPR.

Respected Contributor

can't agree more, particularly in/re women hosts. as a woman in business i learned to modulate and lower my voice as usually women's voices rise when excited/enthusiastic. this is either grating - or distracting - definitely not helpful in making a point. voice coaching is in order .

Respected Contributor

The carney barker mentality is really grating. When one is selling the same products over and over there isn't much new you can say, but the shouting and screeching the salespeople resort to makes it worse.

Super Contributor

I just shut them off. I agree with everyone else's comments regarding the screeching noise.

Now, I only look at the "Items Recently On Air" to see if there would be anything I'm interested in.