Respected Contributor

what is something you're grateful for?

I'm grateful for having my own washer and dryer. That may sound odd, but for most of the first part of my life, we lived in rentals and that meant we had to HOPE no one else was using the machines when we needed to do laundry. And we always had to be sure to have lots of quarters.

Just now my husband was working in the yard and got some stuff smeared all over his pants. All I had to do was use a little stain-out spray on them and then toss them in the washer. No packing them up and driving to the laundromat and having to sit there for an hour or two IF there was a machine available.

Lots of other little conveniences I'm grateful for too. How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: what is something you're grateful for?

Everything, especially my health. I've worked hard most of my life for good health and for the material things, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

My health and my family and friends ❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful for the life I've had.  Not all was perfect, but all in all, I was blessed.

Respected Contributor

The tv remote.

Honored Contributor

There are quite a few, but mostly, my mother and father are still living and doing well for their age.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm grateful for the life I've had.  Not all was perfect, but all in all, I was blessed.

Me too.

Esteemed Contributor

My health.  But more specifically, my catarct surgery.  I started wearing glasses in second grade.  Then I moved to contacts in High School (Thank GOD for contacts).  I had a VERY strong prescription.

When I got cataracts at what I think is a "young" age, I went for the surgery to remove them and get multi focal lenses - though I do sometimes still need reading glasses.

But overall, I see really well.  My DH and I have been riding our bikes everyday and I love being out in the open and able to see so clearly.  This is probably one of the few health related things that can be better when you get older.  No more coke bottle glasses.  No more contacts.  No more contact solution.  EVER!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51  😂  The T V remote!

I agree! I recall my son and I going to a shop to buy our first remote for the T V. My husband wouldn't go even to look and he said to get the cheaper one that was attached by a long cord.
  When I looked at them I could envision my husband sitting in his recliner holding the remote with the long cord and what a hazard it would be. 
  We returned with the better one and he loved it! He was in control!

📺 📱 😍 

Respected Contributor

I am grateful for my strong faith and sense of humor.

They work hand in hand in getting me through a day.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF