Esteemed Contributor

Re: what is something you're grateful for?

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My health.  But more specifically, my catarct surgery.  I started wearing glasses in second grade.  Then I moved to contacts in High School (Thank GOD for contacts).  I had a VERY strong prescription.

When I got cataracts at what I think is a "young" age, I went for the surgery to remove them and get multi focal lenses - though I do sometimes still need reading glasses.

But overall, I see really well.  My DH and I have been riding our bikes everyday and I love being out in the open and able to see so clearly.  This is probably one of the few health related things that can be better when you get older.  No more coke bottle glasses.  No more contacts.  No more contact solution.  EVER!

I can relate. I had 20/800 and astigmatism. Had my cataracts removed 3 years ago. No more glasses other than sun glasses.

Honored Contributor

First and foremost I'm grateful for my 3 amazing wonderful daughters and my wonderful/kind 7 grandchildren.

I'm grateful I married a wonderful man who was smart and worked so I would never have to work after my first daughter was born.

I'm grateful that on my side of the family I inherited great genes that I could pass on to my daughters and grandchildren.

I'm grateful I live in the US.  I'm grateful I live in a time where I can get both knees replaced and for Drs who know how to treat my severe back pain.

I'm grateful that I have the sense to realize how lucky I am.  Some was luck and some was my tenacity to follow through with mine and my late husband's plans way back in the beginning.

Honored Contributor

I am grateful for living in a state with strict rules during this pandemic.  I am grateful that I own my own home in a lovely neighborhood near a lake.  I am also grateful that I am retired with a stable source of income during these uncertain times.

Esteemed Contributor

My kids, indoor plumbing, electricity, my home, vehicle. I'm thankful that I can go out in my backyard, and not see another soul. Also thankful for good insurance because I don't know what I'd have done over the years without it. Probably filed bankruptcy. 

Honored Contributor

Grateful for the life I have been given from the very beginning to where I am now. It has been wonderful and I have been truly blessed.

Honored Contributor

Growing up I was grateful for my mom and dad.  They gave me a wonderful childhood with many memories.  Today, I am grateful for my cat Ava who lights up my life with happiness.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm grateful to be alive.  In my early 40's I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis (auto immune disorder) and after a lot of tests and doctors, it spontaneously remissed!  My Pulmonary doctor was stunned.  So much so I kept going back to him yearly for an X-Ray and check up FOR 18 YEARS!.  It never came back.

2010 I fell down our stairs and hit my head/left cheek on the wood bannister at the bottom.  I was knocked out.  Luckily DH was home.  Paramedics came and all I remember is a lady's voice telling me what they (the paramedics) were doing.  I was mostly unconscious.  I had three brain bleeds and a concussion.  All three bleeds spontaneously healed and I didn't need brain surgery.  Concussion eventually went away.  The only residual affect I have is a slight balance issue.  

Everyday is a blessing....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Like I said in the thread I just started. I'm grateful I made it and didn't get Covid all last year. And I survived in good health to receive my second Pfizer shot today.

Not everyone was so lucky. We lost so many precious fellow Americans, and people all over the world, and many are still struggling with long haul symptoms. And it's still not over yet.

But I'm grateful that it's over for me for the time being. Even in the extremely extremely unlikely chance I still somehow caught Covid, I would be pretty much guaranteed to sail through it because I've been vaccinated. Utter luxury compared to life in 2020.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I have many things to be grateful for.  My excellent health is first.

When I was younger, I prayed every night to be able to pay my bills on time and in full.  The stress of not being able to do that was overpowering, especially when we had children.  

Now, I thank the Lord every night for answering my prayers.  I am grateful too, for my DH, children and family.  I have received many blessings, none of which I take for granted.

Honored Contributor

being upright and taking nourishment