Respected Contributor

Re: what are you doing for the 4th?

Well, nothing but excitement here, with expected three digit temps and my state being in recommended lockdown.  Whoopeee!  

I'm prepared, though.  I braved the grocery store yesterday and stocked up for the next three weeks, at least. I picked up some fun treats, too.

My 90lb fur companion, Ravi (short for ravioli) is in for a surprise. He'll have his first Frozen Paws icecream, while I indulge in a mango margarita. I'm telling you, we're going Top Shelf here Woman Wink.  Uh huh, we're creating memories.  

We'll settle in front of the TV tonight to watch Capitol Fourth and I expect my hood will be lively with fireworks, since they started practicing last night. Getting Ravi out for his last potty break will be next to impossible.  He's not a fan.  

Honored Contributor

We are staying home. Put the "no trespassing" cable up at the bottom of the driveway.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA 

And, what time is that Sangria being served up?  I'll be stopping by with my thermos!   Cat LOL

Super Contributor

Staying home.  Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. Indoors bc of the hot weather.  At 1:30-4pm watch 1776 movie on  TCM.  No twilight zone marathon on SYFY.   Ugh. 

Respected Contributor

I'm going to a friends house for a cookout and fireworks.

Honored Contributor

Just family in the backyard, burgers, macaroni salad, guacamole and chips. The best part will be strawberry shortcake with homemade biscuits, yum. 😋  Whatever you plans are enjoy the day ! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Our kids 4th parade has been cancelled as well as the local fireworks show to avoid people gathering.  

It is overcast and cool this morning so I am going to do some yardwork.  Trying a new shrimp recipe.  I don't enjoy fireworks on TV so I will probably read this eveining.

Honored Contributor

Nothing different.  NOT looking forward to all the noise tonight... it is going to be especially bad in my neighborhood this year....

Honored Contributor

I'm sure many of the families in my neighborhood will be setting off fireworks, like they have been all this week and last. All the local celebrations were cancelled a while back, as they should be. With Covid cases on the rise in TN, it still doesn't seem like the time to risk throwing or attending cookouts and parties here. Kind of a bummer 4th, funwise. But I feel more patriotic than ever and in love and in full accord with with what our country means and  stands for. Happy 4th of July! 🎆🇺🇸🎇

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@SANNA 

And, what time is that Sangria being served up?  I'll be stopping by with my thermos!   Cat LOL

4 pm sharp! Welcome!