Respected Contributor

Re: what are you doing for the 4th?

Netflix'ing it.

Respected Contributor

@SunSprite   I’ve only seen my dad a few times since all this started.  

We will stay home and just relax.  We will DVR several TV specials.  I’ll watch A Capitol Fouth.  Enjoy.  Have a beef brisket in the oven, made macaroni salad, and will be making some colorful holiday cocktail!  

Honored Contributor

Thank you to all who are staying home.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva I saw Hamilton live with a touring company too, in 2018. The tv version can't compare with seeing it live, but that's true of everything.

I got Disney plus for a month just to watch it. It's fantastic. I always wanted to see the original Broadway cast, and their talent is indescribable. Going to finish watching it tonight, then watch it again soon.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Thank you to all who are staying home.

YES.. Ditto!

Respected Contributor

My husband worked in the yard all day yesterday. Mowing, weed wacking, set up the rectangle pool & the blow up water slide/pool for the kids.

I cooked & cleaned. I made macaroni salad, slaw salad (with the Ramen noodles & almonds), red, white & blue bundt cake, chili dog sauce, 3gallons of sweet tea & I used small containers to make big ice cubes that will fit into a pretty blue jug with a spigot that I will fill with water...

We decorated the porch with buntings & banners.

I bought red & white carnations with babies breath & divided that all into 5 vases with blue ribbons tied around them.

Today we will set up the tables. 

We have 5 grandsons. I bought red tank tops & painted white stripes on them & then had them put their blue hand print where the stars go on the flag. Bought blue shorts for them all, & they will be beautiful!

I bought a lot of smaller fireworks that we will have. Pop its & some whirly things that shoot off & look pretty, but not anything too big or boomy, The boys love to watch the tanks that you light & they roll a few inches & go pop!

Just our kids & grandsons & the MIL. 

I love the 4th!!

Esteemed Contributor

Since we live very near to a hot spot that now has many tourists we are staying home. And, it is so hot and humid, I would rather be in the a/c. 

I'll be putting the binding on my granddaughter's birthday quilt. Her twin sister's is already finished. They will be 5 next month so I can get them shipped in time for their birthday.

Haven't seen them since Christmas and were hoping to get up to NY to see them and then the virus hit. And, since I'm in SC it would be too iffy not to mention a 14 day quarantine.

Happy 4th to all!

Valued Contributor

DH and I went walking on a local trail.  We will grill franks to go along with salad and baked beans.  I am planning to watch Jim Cagney as George Cohan later this afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

We're having a quiet one but we generally aren't big party people anyway.

We'll just cook out on the grill and relax on our back deck.  The weather is really nice here today in the northeast, temps in the 70's with low humidty, gotta love it!

Happy 4th everyone!!

Respected Contributor

I attended a small town parade this moring with decked out tractors, kids on bikes & cars carrying veterans of all ages...it was great. I'm volunteering  today so after I'll grab a sandwich, head to the lake & sit on a lawn chair with my feet in the water...that'll be great too. Enjoy the 4th everyone!