Honored Contributor

update on the Turpin children

It sounds as if they are being treated well, and  making progress. I hope they have a happy life, they certainly deserve it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5427289/Update-recovery-adult-Turpin-children.html

Esteemed Contributor

Re: update on the Turpin children

@cherry Thanks for posting.  I can't help but get misty eyed on this topic.  My heart goes out to these siblings (some whom are already adults).  God willing they all find a stable environment in which they can navigate the journey of learning to live a normal life; the hours of mental health care each and every one of them need; and recovering from the years of physical neglect to their bodies. I think these poor souls are years away from grasping the concept of a happy life.   

Honored Contributor

They are making plans for college, and I think that is a very good sign. To be able to move foward, is such a healthy thing

Honored Contributor

College??   I would think adults that never have gone to school... used a computer or anything and have been tied up their whole lives and starved would not be quite ready for college!   Education for sure... but probably not college courses!

Honored Contributor

They could read and write, they kept journals. One of them actually did attend college for a while @SeaMaiden

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

They could read and write, they kept journals. One of them actually did attend college for a while @SeaMaiden

@cherry  I still think college is a stretch...  keeping a journal and being able to read  and write does not college material make.

Honored Contributor

They could be highly intelligent kids and for all we know, it will be computer courses

I am happy to hear this

Honored Contributor

They, or at least some, were homeschooled.

Honored Contributor

I've been wondering about them, glad to hear they are doing okay. Such a horrible story, hoping for a happy outcome.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they will require years of counseling to overcome what has happened to them. Will they ever be able to live a normal life?