Honored Contributor

Re: update on the Turpin children

@RainCityWoman  the human spirit is resilient. People came back from the hell of concentration camps to   live ,and marry, and build a life for themselves.

The fact one of them planned an escape, an carried it out, shows a lot of courage ,and fortitude

When they are fed,  and encouraged ,and shown kindness ,it might be  a tonic for their spirits.  I will keep my  hopes for them high ,as they begin their journey

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting.  Unfortunately i think they are going to have a hard time in their lives except for the little ones. 

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@RainCityWoman  the human spirit is resilient. People came back from the hell of concentration camps to   live ,and marry, and build a life for themselves.

The fact one of them planned an escape, an carried it out, shows a lot of courage ,and fortitude

When they are fed,  and encouraged ,and shown kindness ,it might be  a tonic for their spirits.  I will keep my  hopes for them high ,as they begin their journey

@cherry, I think that they're going to need a great deal of help. They were born and bred in what seems to have been a household of horrors. It's pretty much all they've known, with brief exceptions.

We are to some extent indelibly forged by our childhood experiences in ways that we probably don't even realize or, in some cases, want to acknowledge.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  they have  long way to go for sure, but I still am rooting for them.  Kindness and patience  will help, and it sounds like they are getting a  lot of that, and enough to eat, and showers and clean clothing. Learning can be a road out of hell, and they seem to embrace that part of life.  I will keep them in my prayers

We have an old saying, It's better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@suzyQ3  they have  long way to go for sure, but I still am rooting for them.  Kindness and patience  will help, and it sounds like they are getting a  lot of that, and enough to eat, and showers and clean clothing. Learning can be a road out of hell, and they seem to embrace that part of life.  I will keep them in my prayers

We have an old saying, It's better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness

@cherry. I hope that they can gain a sense of normalcy.

O/T, I marvel at your general attitude. It is so different from mine. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  my attitude is something that has been something that has helped me get through some tough stuff. Nothing like these kids of course, but , things like my husbands health, and other  things life throws at everyone.

Respected Contributor

I think they will suffer for a very long time.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri36wrote:

I think they will suffer for a very long time.  

@Bri36.  Oh yes, definitely. I think,the very youngest ones will have a bit of any easier time than the older ones. Less time with the parents for abuse and brainwashing.

Honored Contributor

Suffering is a part of life no one can escape, however ,it doesn't have to be the final  outcome

They may find joy in their new life as well

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@suzyQ3  my attitude is something that has been something that has helped me get through some tough stuff. Nothing like these kids of course, but , things like my husbands health, and other  things life throws at everyone.

@cherry, it works for you, and that's what matters.

I always expect the worse. Every once in a while, I am happily disappointed. :-)