Respected Contributor

Re: update on my highly sensitive co-worker

thank goodness you still have an union. They seem to be endangered.

Valued Contributor

beanie,

Could you give us the specifics of what has been happening with your co-worker since your original post, or is it too upsetting to discuss?

If you don't feel comfortable revealing recent events, that's okay. I was just curious, as others seem to be also.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 3/20/2015 beanie said:

It's all on another thread....too long to go into again.

I'll post the link to the thread for you, beanie (it's still open for discussion):

Highly sensitive person...this is a real personality trait

link goes to: http://community.qvc.com/forums/viewpoints/topic/493535/pagenumber/1/index.aspx

It has like over 250+ posts.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 occasional rain said:

The OP complained about her co-worker in a previous thread. Now she has an update which says nothing only that she is having a strong reaction. When you share a situation without giving even a modicum of information it leaves one wondering what's going on.

A view is a judgement so if a judgement isn't wanted why post on Viewpoints?

I'm giving beanie the benefit of the doubt and personally feel she's in "meltdown." I've been around this world for 67 years and have seen my share of co-workers in meltdown for whatever reason.

Life is tough and it's made tougher by co-workers with agendas, be they personal or of a psychological nature.

I honestly don't think at this point that we need to know anything from beanie. What would be really nice is if we just offer her positive energy and prayers, so that she can get through this most challenging situation.

beanie ((((((HUGS))))))

God Bless - Rebecca

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 missy1 said:

I'll post the link to the thread for you, beanie (it's still open for discussion):

link goes to: http://community.qvc.com/forums/viewpoints/topic/493535/pagenumber/1/index.aspx

Yes, 262 of them right now. Interesting, insightful thread.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 missy1 said:

Yes, 262 of them right now. Interesting, insightful thread.

I skimmed the thread, op didn't have many replies themselves. Many people are sensitive, and can be highly sensitive depending what is said to them/or the situation. So is the op's coworker using this as a crutch to excuse bad behavior?

Super Contributor

Color me insensitive, but threads like these, even after having read the first one, make me wonder what has happened to have things deteriorate.

I am sorry though, Beanie. I have a situation at my own job that has only recently begun to get better so I do understand.

Honored Contributor

beanie - just stick to your guns and plead your case to the union rep.....this coworker is a nut job, ie borderline personality/cluster B personality disorder...good grief.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mean to be dense, but could someone give the Reader's Digest condensed version of what the problem is?

Super Contributor

I never did respond on the other thread and barely skimmed it, but have had my share of work experience in my 50 years of "work life" on this earth.

I certainly learned to IGNORE individuals along the way as they came and went. It sounds like you are working for a fairly large organization. My advice to you would be to IGNORE this one as much as possible and put in for an IMMEDIATE transfer. You may not like the new job as much, but that person won't be there.

Life is too short.

In Sunny AZ