Honored Contributor

Re: *** ""A person is known and defined by the company they keep?"" ***

On 3/14/2014 Predsfan said:
On 3/14/2014 naturalfan said:

C'mon - everyone knows you are known and defined by the bag you carry and the watch you wear. Which one of you QVC watchers does not know that?

Exactly. Doesn't matter who you hang with as long as you look good and ""wear"" the right bag.

I forget. Do you lead with the bag or the watch?

I get so confused.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 3/14/2014 Predsfan said:
On 3/14/2014 naturalfan said:

C'mon - everyone knows you are known and defined by the bag you carry and the watch you wear. Which one of you QVC watchers does not know that?{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Exactly. Doesn't matter who you hang with as long as you look good and "wear" the right bag. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I forget. Do you lead with the bag or the watch?

I get so confused.

La Lisa claims with both....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} However, I don't think any handbags or watches sold on QVC are going to make anyone look like they are monied like Lisa likes to claim. I always laugh when she says you will look monied if you wear a bronzo watch while she is wearing her Cartier to present it.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And the term monied grates on my nerves that she is so fond of.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2014 serenity4ever said:
On 3/14/2014 Suzie said:

What kind of bag, feed, LV, bucket, what what what are you talking about?

Hi Suzie... I think she is referring to La Lisa's shows where she talks about our watches and our handbags defining who we are. Spend some time in the Fashion Forum and it is discussed with great frequency.Smile

Thanks, serenity4ever! Oh I stay away from the fashion or beauty forums- nope learned the hard way how they are over there. LOL Don't forget high end on Madison Avenue now.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Suzie said:
On 3/14/2014 serenity4ever said:
On 3/14/2014 Suzie said:

What kind of bag, feed, LV, bucket, what what what are you talking about?

Hi Suzie... I think she is referring to La Lisa's shows where she talks about our watches and our handbags defining who we are. Spend some time in the Fashion Forum and it is discussed with great frequency.Smile

Thanks, serenity4ever! Oh I stay away from the fashion or beauty forums- nope learned the hard way how they are over there. LOL Don't forget high end on Madison Avenue now.

Yes, Madison Ave and the funny part it is nothing like La Lisa describes it. But I still enjoy watching Lisa because she can be a hoot at times....

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

It is definitely not an either/or answer.

For example, if the majority of my friends are stellar citizens, well educated, law abiding, etc., but I do choose to hang on to my friend from high school who has had a hard life, does drugs, etc., that does not make me similar to her. It makes me loyal. I would hope that I am an example to her, but if I am not that is ok too.

All hyperthetical, of course.

Plus, if we hang out with only our "own kind", we miss a great opportunity to grow, to learn from others, and to be better people ourselves. We add depth to ourselves from people who are different.

Absolutely! I have friends from all walks of life, even in jail. Doesn't mean I am a criminal, it just means I try not to judge. JMO

Super Contributor

On 3/13/2014 brewhaha said:

I'm here so what does that say about me?

Try becoming decaf?

Respected Contributor

Personally, I just don't agree with this because overall, ..."a leopard NEVER changes their spots".

You might take on a few traits while around people for a long amount of time, but eventually that wears off and you always come back to being the "real you" in the long run.

Honored Contributor

Definitely think this is true where politicians are concerned. Follow the affiliations and know where the candidate's loyalties lie.

Honored Contributor

Birds of a feather, flock together!

LOL, yep, I can see where "some" don't agree with this, that's because they are guilty of it!!!

Honored Contributor

“If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly.”