Trusted Contributor

toddler falls from cruise ship

I just heard the report on this tonight.  What a tragedy.  Poor little girl.  

Honored Contributor

Re: toddler falls from cruise ship

How does something like that happen! I know when my son was little I watched him like a hawk, he was so active as a toddler when we shopped I had him in a harness.

Respected Contributor

Such a horrible tragedy.  I have been on three cruises and one of them was on this ship, Royal Caribbean, "Freedom of the Seas."  My heart sunk when I heard this news.

Parents should really think about not bringing babies, especially toddlers on a cruise ship. Too many safety issues with this type of travel.  

Respected Contributor

A news story said grandfather sat toddler on a railing thinking there was glass behind it. There was not. 

Valued Contributor

This is horrifying. It was reported that the baby liked to bang on windows and grandpa held her up - turns out the window was open and she leaned forward and fell out. I'm sure the family is in agony.

Trusted Contributor

little girl death.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/08/us/toddler-falls-cruise-ship-trnd/index.html

i dont know how a family overcomes a tragedy such as this.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This is such a sad tragedy and I honestly don't know if that Grandpop or family will ever get over the "horror" of a split second decision that ended so tragically Smiley Sad

I could barely watch the news report -- my heart and prayers go out to the family.

(I've been on this cruise ship and its beyond me WHY in any kids play area a window would be open!  I've also been on cruises where parents "sit" their children on the railings -- scary!)

Honored Contributor

I saw this on last night's news. How sad for this entire family.

Trusted Contributor

Beyond tragic! I'm still praying for Landen Hoffmann, the 5-year-old boy who was thrown off the 3rd floor at the Mall of America. It happened before Easter & he's been in intensive care ever since.