Honored Contributor

Re: toddler falls from cruise ship

It is just  so horrible, they now say grandad was in a play area,not on bacony like was told, i just do not think they will ever be able to find peace in this,that poor baby.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

That poor family...

Honored Contributor

Children should not be encouraged to bang on any glass at all.

Not all glass is sturdy.

Some glass (windows, etc.) is very brittle, and can break at  simple touch, depending on the climate.

For example, warm, heated house, and very cold outside.

Some glass/windows aren't heat tempered and will shatter at a simple touch or banging.

I've seen it happen.

Poor, innocent child.  RIP

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

How terrible, to loose a child overboard! 

In  1965 my husband and I went by military ship to Germany.  

There were families with children and they were required to wear a harness and leash at all times on deck.

An adorable red haired toddler girl and her parents always talked with us. She always wore her leash.

We were going to breakfast and heard the child’s father screaming “help”!  She had slipped through the railing and was dangling over the side with her father hanging on to the leash.  

My husband was there in a flash to help pull her up. I’ve never seen him move as fast! Thank heaven for the leash, accidents happen so fast. 

Honored Contributor

I heard he was playing with the toddler near a window and she fell out the window. We may never get an accurate account of this tragedy. I gasped when I heard of this story this morning. I do t know how he can get over such guilt and pain.
Esteemed Contributor

This is truly a tragedy and horrific for the family.  It is so hard to go on after the death of a child, no matter what the cause.  I hope that the family gets counseling to deal with this terrible situation.  Their lives will never be the same.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

P.S.:

Not meant to put all parents 'down'...........Just an observation:

I've actually witnessed parents watch their toddlers (about one and a half years old, more or less.  'Toddling around' while visiting a house.........

Watching their toddlers bang on windows, and not going over and pick up the toddlers. Just watching and watching.

I really don't get it, but I'm only guessing that the parents don't know anythng about shattering glass, especially in older homes.

Perhaps newer homes have shatter-proof windows (?)

Well, maybe this thread will prompt parents, grandparents, baby sitters, etc. to think twice before watching the youngsters bang on glass. 

Very important.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

This story is too sad 😢
Honored Contributor

Unbearably sad.

So many tragic things happen.

How does everyone live with all this?

I'm really asking. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

They will live with it forever. Sometimes things go so wrong!...😢